Test Match Cricket

Misbah and Younis have both retired I see.
The third greatest partnership in test history. I know punter and JL are up there I wonder who is the other one? Geoff?

Sehwag-Dravid maybe, or Dravid-Sachin?

DravidTendulkar or Greenidge/Haynes?

I was thinking Dravid myself with either sachin or laxman but I believe now it’s jack Hobbs era.

Jayawardene and Sangakkara must be up there.

Aussie strike over money is threatening the Ashes series.

Younis has more 4th inning centuries than any player in history. Since he came into the team Pakistan have won 24 matches away from home with him in side. He has averaged 94 in those matches including 10 centuries.
That’s Steve Waugh type figures there. An underrated player

1 Like

Here’s what’s up on Wisden. Just looked it up there.

1 Like

Intresting reading, the boys are a long way back in third.

Hobbs/Sutcliffe -87 average
Punter/Langer 82
Two Mullahs- 68

Tough one- What are the ACA playing at?

Younis was a real clutch batsman who got the hard runs. Lara was the same. In his entire test career Lara was only not out on 6 occasions. Nearly every run he got mattered in struggling Windies teams. Brilliant as Tendulkar was, you’d struggle to think of many game changing knocks.

1 Like

Tendulkar was technically poetry in motion, he could not have done what Lara did in 2000 however against the greatest team cricket has ever seen. Sachin was great in 98 against same opposition, don’t get me wrong but he never dragged India kicking and screaming to victory like Brian Charles. Steve Waugh had half the ability of both but twice the steel of Tendulkar.

1 Like

Very sad to hear that Blowers is hanging up his mic, a broadcasting colossus.

1 Like

That’s a real shame, I used to enjoy half listening to him in the car.

A great man to spin a yarn during a rain delay in Georgetown.

1 Like

He scored a century at Lords as a schoolboy.

will @Bandage , @Tim_Riggins , @GeoffreyBoycott & @fistoffury be switching allegiances to Oireland now?

What’s the word around the peninsula mate ?

I live in a swamp mate not a peninsula

Have you moved back home ?