Test Match Cricket

207 all out. A lead of 122.

Just the one over for England to negotiate before stumps. Jason Roy seeking to avoid the ignominy of getting dismissed twice on his debut day in test cricket.

Nightwatchman sent out instead of Jason Roy.

England 122/1 at lunch on Day 2. Scores level. England 85 & 122/1 Ireland 207

Unbeaten 60 for nightwatchman Jack Leach, who was averaging just over 4 with the bat in first class cricket this season going into this test.

The “irish” will toil in the field this afternoon
E&W will put up a massive score I’d imagine and restore some decorum after yesterday’s farce

Would there be many of the Irish team with dubious Irish connections?

Another England batting collapse. 171/1 to 194/5. It’s 209/5 now at tea, a lead of just 87. Good session for the Ireland bowlers in tough bowling conditions.

219/6. Boyd Rankin bounces Moeen Ali out. England in big trouble now.

Any score from Shanghai?

1 Like

How long does this go on for? Is it two goes each or what way does it work?

Yes. It’s a four day test instead of the usual five but in such a low scoring match it will be comfortably wrapped up within four days. Two innings apiece in test cricket. Abject and all as England have been, I wouldn’t have too confidence in Ireland chasing down more than 150.

A 2-1 win for Ole and his resurgent Red Devils. Congrats. I wasn’t following it. @anon32894817 I’m sure can provide a blow-by-blow account.

Cheers mate, was out on a boat all day.

Angel gomes scored the winner. Fantastic performance I’ll post my revised team after.

1 Like

Mark Adair pick up the big wicket of Joe Root. 239/7. Lead of 117.

Is that Angel Gomes, Youth Academy graduate?

1 Like

Kinihans ? Hutch ??

1 Like

Great stuff. Keep it to one of the dedicated Man U threads though. This is the test cricket thread.

Mark Adair strikes again. Woakes gone. 248/8.

Would you be supporting E&W or Ireland Geoff?

Thought after day 1 that ingerland would get 300 odd and Ireland would win by about three wickets. Irelands attack in humid conditions is good.