Test Match Cricket

154/7. The tailenders swinging the bat and getting away with it so far

India all out for 191.

England 6/2. Both openers gone for a combined total of 5.

53/3. Yadav has picked up the big wicket of Root.

is it too cold for test cricket flatty?
usually the 5th test of a series would be done by the UK august monday
we still have 1 more test match to go which too me seems very late to be playing test cricket in the UK

Pushed back because of the twenty twenty. Think tests have been played in September for the last few years.

It’s actually got really warm this afternoon. Twenties I’d say. Shorts weather anyway.

The Oval was traditionally the final test match of the English summer in the fourth week of August. It has been straying into September for a few years now though with all the pointless pyjama cricket. A 5th test then at Old Trafford in mid September. Good luck trying to avoid a lot of rain there.

1 Like

The Oval is a great ground. A day at the Test and then into the Cricketers outside for a feed of drink.

3 Likes

The Oval the first ground in England to stage a test match.

I grew up with it being the traditional venue of a final test and the aul fella explaining the workings of the gasometers to me - I was still bewildered by them though!

2 Likes

There’s two over beside the Etihad. I think they may be listed.

1 Like

71-5

England 139/5 at lunch.

England 191/6. Scores are level.

222/7. A mis-timed slog sees the end of Moeen Ali.

England all out for 290. First innings lead of 99.

India 199/1 at tea. A first innings deficit of 99 is now a lead of 100 with 9 wickets still in hand.

A wicket from nothing with the first delivery of the new ball as Sharma chips one up in the air. And another wicket for Robinson with the last delivery of that over as Pujara departs.

236/3

England 77/0 at stumps on Day 4. Another 291 runs needed tomorrow to chase down the target of 368.

Do-able