Test Match Cricket

Big party planned at the MCG tonight for Warnie’s memorial service. He’ll be gutted he’s not partaking.

His son, Jackson leading the way.

Pope on 142 and root just got his fastest ever test match hundred. England 326/2. Good fightback.
New ball swinging quite a bit.

Root 163 n o at end of play. England 473/5

I wouldn’t follow cricket as closely as I used to, where would Joe Root be ranked in terms of great English cricketers?

Technically he’s probably England’s greatest ever batsman. His technique is close to flawless. He’s played on fairly mediocre England sides for most of the last decade where there’s been heavy reliance on him to get most of the runs.

1 Like

jimmy anderson takes lathams wicket for number 650. NZ 1-4

Who took the other three ?

1 Like

im reporting the score “fingal style”

1 Like

Some final day at Trent bridge. Free entry. Johnny Bairstow did wreck.

1 Like

captain stokes leading the way with bairstow. root went for 4, i think

What a win for England. Target of 299/5 chased down in just 50 overs.

Second fastest century in the history of test cricket by an English batsman for Jonny Bairstow. Century up in 77 deliveries and 136 off 92.

Nottingham hasn’t seen scenes like these in a very long time

Nottinghams boundaries are ridiculously short but it was impressive from Johny.

Test match cricket is still the best version of this sport.

2 Likes

McCullum has them purring. Hard to believe this outfit (minus the pace bowlers) got humbled by an average West Indies side

England have won one test series in the Caribbean since 1968. Feature of test cricket for past 10-15 years is how few series are won away from home.

New Zealand with the second highest score in test cricket by a losing side.

NZ have 5 wickets gone by tea for 123 runs, including this bizarre wicket just before tea

England 6/248

Bairstow and debutant Overton have put on 206 when England were reeling at 55/6

I reckon those balls get really soft as they get older.

1 Like

Must be something in that. All series get to 25 overs and make hay. They’re not using oneills clearly buying from Sialkot

1 Like