TFK Astro Team Emergency

Thought it was Andy…

We like to give the opposition a few different ‘looks’.

Some of us can last the whole match. It’s not much use if one of us can’t though.

Anyway you just ask Monkey Allen about our fitness levels - he hasn’t played since out of exhaustion.

This is a reserve game tonight though so it won’t be as tough on the lungs. I’d be very disappointed if we didn’t get a willing volunteer on here.

Not everyone likes to be known by their real name on here Dunph.

Updated Squad & Team as at 5.10pm
Bandage,
Jugs, Tinnion,
Clarkey’s Mate Ambrose, Rocko,
cesc4.

One more squad place up for grabs.

We’ll just have to get by with six Bandage. It’ll be good for our fitness levels.

I’m off to the squad hotel but I’ll be monitoring my PMs until 6.45pm for anyone wanting to join this talented squad tonight.

Ah lovely. A handsome 4-3 victory. Goals for Cesc4 (twice), Rocko and Ambrose.

:clap:

Two assists from briantinnion from the back - 3 nicely constructed goals complemented by Rocko’s scrappy effort. Fair play to Alfie for filling in and making sure we were able to field a team and that was a very good effort by everyone. Could someone please provide an overview of what happened in their last attack? I know I got a touch on the their lad’s Van Bronkhorst like rasping, rising effort when diving full length across my goal but when I dragged myself up off the turf the ball had gone over the sideline. I’m guessing I touched it onto the angle of post and crossbar and it cannoned from there over the line?

You are spot on Bandage. The shot was arrowing into the top corner until you conjured a magnificent dive from a seemingly hopeless position and diverted the ball against the angle of crossbar and post. It wasn’t quite flush on the angle, more 66% crossbar, 32% post, margin of error +/- 2%. The ball was, unsurprisingly for the physicists among us, diverted from this second trajectory after colliding with the metalwork and veered acutely to the right hand side (as you look from the School Terrace) and slightly downwards. It bounced within 2 yards of a cluster of players but not quite within reach of any of them. It then skidded off the magnificent surface and out over the sideline allowing us to regroup.

Was there many in attendance for tonights game?

Outside both sets of players, there was the usual 25 or 30 hardy souls present.

PS, thanks for confirming my suspicion, Rocko.