TFK Barnsley Supporters Club

Signing in

Paddy McCourt signed for the Reds this afternoon on a deal until the end of the season. Here’s why the Northern Ireland international decided on joining the Reds.

“It was an easy decision,” he said. "I’ve know the manager a long time. I’ve been speaking to him over the last couple of weeks.

"I’ve been down to a few training sessions, got to know the lads and delighted to be on board.

"He (Flitcroft) was coming to the end of his career at Rochdale when I was starting mine and he was very good with me then.

“He convinced me to come down and to be honest I’ve really enjoyed it.”

The 29-year-old was released from Celtic this summer, and is relishing the prospect of facing some ‘big clubs’ with Barnsley.

“A lot of clubs probably think they should be in the Premier League,” he continued. "Barnsley being in amongst them is a credit to them and there are big games every week.

"I’m an attacking player who likes to create and score goals. The short term goal is to get up to speed with the lads, I haven’t done a full pre-season so the next few weeks will be important; stay injury free, get training hard, kick on and get as many games as possible, really.

"I don’t know if I’ll be involved this weekend, I feel fine but it’ll probably take a few weeks to get to where the lads are in terms of core fitness.

“It’s up to myself to get my head down, work hard and the sooner I’m on the pitch, the better.”

Forest are going to smash Barnsley on Sept 14th.

Paddy’s pinting probably prevented him bring a really top notch player.

Signing in.

PMFA.