TFK Bogball Team 2000-2019 Goalkeepers

I think @Big_Dan_Campbell had separate polls for full back and corner backs.

Never heard of most of them.

I think 24 hours is enough.

I’m not doing that.

Unless Rocko can change something I’ll just run off a number of heats.

Nobody is going to miss the likes of Peter Kelly, Charlie Harrison or Mick Foley anyway are they?

No

Westmeath is practically in Galway. Good enough for me.

I’d trust your judgement to run it right and cut off the also rans.

My recommended course is (providing @Rocko is powerless to intercede) is to cut it down to two fields (2000-2009 and 2010-2019) with 20 in each and the top 10 each going through to the final heat. This would apply for the FB, HB, HF and FF lines. In midfield I’m going to have to cut 5 players as I’ve 25 there and don’t see the point of running separate heats.

My criteria for cutting players would be primarily lads awarded one in positions they didn’t really play eg Colm Cavanagh getting one at FB, Brian Howard getting a HB award etc. Even though AOS did get one at FF I’m tempted to cull him there as he got it on the basis of butchering a pathetic Sligo team so those guys will likely go with along with the joke awards like Ger Spillane, Mick Foley and Ger Cafferkey etc.

I will then run a wooden spoon poll for the worst All Star in that time.

2 Likes

You should be able to do 50 now. Let me know if not working.

Grazie.

1 Like

Forget the wooden spoon poll, you’ve just mentioned him there, Ger Cafferkey.
The Big Ger Cafferty character in the Ian Rankin series of novels was probably a better defender.

2 Likes

Cluxton with a whopping 76% of the vote.

No surprises there.

Surprised David Clarke only got the one vote.

Beggan is a great kicker but he’s not a good shot stopper and he’s very poor under a high ball.

Can you arrange for @flattythehurdler to confirm that he pressed the wrong button?

1 Like

Spot on. Think apart from his big boot beggan can look rather clumsy with the basics…without knowing his background, to me he looks like a Lad who would benefit hugely from playing outfield with his club more(if he doesn’t already )

1 Like

“Westmeath is practically in Galway. Good enough for me”
:point_up_2:

Revised results:

Cluxton 16.3
Beggan 8.7
Byron 2.1
Durcan 1.1
Sullivan 1
Connaughton 0.5
Clarke 0.1