TFK Capitalist Thread

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1074156, member: 367”]anyone use Dolemn stockbrokers lads?
i have a few grand lying about and was thinking of investing in shares in yttrium oxide[/QUOTE]

Is that an element Mickee? You can’t buy shares in a element. You can buy futures, but that’s so obscure no mainstream stockbroker would offer it.
You’d need to find a company that extracts it which is a much more inexact science.
If you had serious claw someone would be able to get you futures in it, but you’d be talking big bucks.

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1074156, member: 367”]anyone use Dolemn stockbrokers lads?
i have a few grand lying about and was thinking of investing in shares in ytrium oxide[/QUOTE]

Which companies are on this?

All the smart ballsy companies

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1074167, member: 332”]Is that an element Mickee? You can’t buy shares in a element. You can buy futures, but that’s so obscure no mainstream stockbroker would offer it.
You’d need to find a company that extracts it which is a much more inexact science.
If you had serious claw someone would be able to get you futures in it, but you’d be talking big bucks.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it is mined in china but there is a global shortage of it.
ATIC ( arab trchnological investment corp) , sheik mansour, man city etc, are trying to build a semiconductor fab in the UAE soon i believe it could rocket
it is used as an insulating material in most plasma etchers

should be a big benefit to the tourism and FDI sector

chips will be cheap as chips for US tourists and for semi-conductor companies

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1074167, member: 332”]Is that an element Mickee? You can’t buy shares in a element. You can buy futures, but that’s so obscure no mainstream stockbroker would offer it.
If you had serious claw someone would be able to get you futures in it, but you’d be talking big bucks.[/QUOTE]

i have 19,000 euros cash

I’d strongly advise you keep it for future maintenance payments pal…

You’ll have to go down the shares in a company route so mate.
Tough one, in order to benefit from a rise in the price you’d ideally invest in a company that only extracts that stuff. Unfortunately all those rare earth metals come out together and are generally cast offs of base metals so generally those companies would be exposed to base metal price movements as well.
The issue with that is that while the price of your yttrium whatever might rise the price of some other element they extract might fall.
The last thing you want to do is be right on what you are saying but wrong anyway.
From my understanding of it* basically you’ll be taking a bet on rare earth metals in general as well as in some cases the base metals that they are extracted with.
There is an ETF http://etfdb.com/etf/REMX/#fact-sheet you can invest in. You should note that it has lost its bollox in recent times and as above would be subject to a broad range of issues, being not based on the element you are looking for, as well as being in companies rather than the elements themselves.
It is generally believed we are facing into a massive shortage of rare earth elements but that has been believed all the time the prices have been falling through the floor too.

The most exact way to invest directly in the stuff would be to actually get a barrel** of it delivered to the gaff. But I’ve no idea of whether $19,000 of yttrium would be the size of a house or the size of a gold bar :D.

*Basic at best
**I’ve no idea if it comes in barrels.

Julio Geordio takes no responsibility for the accuracy or inaccuracy of an of the information in the above post. It is most likely entirely bollox and most certainly should not be relied on to make any investment decisions.

What are you on about?
Once the logic of the punt is right that’s all that matters on TFK.

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1074194, member: 332”]You’ll have to go down the shares in a company route so mate.
Tough one, in order to benefit from a rise in the price you’d ideally invest in a company that only extracts that stuff. Unfortunately all those rare earth metals come out together and are generally cast offs of base metals so generally those companies would be exposed to base metal price movements as well.
The issue with that is that while the price of your yttrium whatever might rise the price of some other element they extract might fall.
The last thing you want to do is be right on what you are saying but wrong anyway.
From my understanding of it* basically you’ll be taking a bet on rare earth metals in general as well as in some cases the base metals that they are extracted with.
There is an ETF http://etfdb.com/etf/REMX/#fact-sheet you can invest in. You should note that it has lost its bollox in recent times and as above would be subject to a broad range of issues, being not based on the element you are looking for, as well as being in companies rather than the elements themselves.
It is generally believed we are facing into a massive shortage of rare earth elements but that has been believed all the time the prices have been falling through the floor too.

The most exact way to invest directly in the stuff would be to actually get a barrel** of it delivered to the gaff. But I’ve no idea of whether $19,000 of yttrium would be the size of a house or the size of a gold bar :D.

*Basic at best
**I’ve no idea if it comes in barrels.

Julio Geordio takes no responsibility for the accuracy or inaccuracy of an of the information in the above post. It is most likely entirely bollox and most certainly should not be relied on to make any investment decisions.[/QUOTE]

Should this be in the degenerate gamblers thread?

Meet me in the Spar car park in Leixlip Main Street at noon tomorrow. I’ll bring the yttrium oxide. You bring the loot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfelvI_ikf4

Investing is a socially acceptable form of heavy gambling

The Euro is having an absolute shocker today. Hovering around €1:$1.16.

:pint:

I’m off to NYC tomorrow. No 20 dollar bottles of Heineken in roof top bars for me anymore I tell you.

PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST , THEY KNOW TOO MUCH.

:oops:

How long are you headed for pal? Business? Pleasure? Both?

That was a close call for @Rocko and TFK, people will never know how close we came.