TFK Capitalist Thread

Nah mate. Electric cars are the future but Tesla are struggling to make them. Renault Nissan already makes and sells way more of them. The rest of them will pass them out too once they turn their attention to them properly. Tesla has no innovation or usp that the others can’t do better once they decide it’s financially viable. Tesla had first mover advantage and a good hype machine but they can’t build the fucking things. I predict tesla will be bought by a traditional manufacturer once it goes tits up

2 Likes

Aren’t Tesla’s generally much more expensive too?

A good deal more expensive

The models S and X aren’t cheap but they are luxury brands and there are enough people buying in that segment to sustain a business model. Going after the lower end may prove to be their Waterloo, but time will tell, they have been down before and rebounded. Scale is their problem, going from 50K cars a year to 500K isn’t trivial.

Lads where would one go to buy currency at home besides BOI, AIB, Post office etc.? I need a fairly obscure one. Its not sterling, dollars etc.

Credit Union

How obscure? You can order currency from most banks but they’ll only order normal enough currency generally. Just draw it out when you get over.

Is this to buy a second hand telly?

Maybe he doesn’t want to leave a trail :confused:

I need cash where i’m going. I don’t want to say where it is but it’s obscure.

I rang the credit union @Mac and they’d actually order it in for me but i have it cheaper in one bank.

Is there any other crowd that would sell currencies?

There are a few online crowds that’ll post it to you

Like who?

The bank might give a cheaper rate but they then load on a hefty commission. The credit union don’t charge a commission and include is as part of the rate as far as I know. However, last time I went to my credit union for currency, they told me I’d get it cheaper in the post office due to an offer they had running so off I went.

Google suggests this crowd

Few locations in Ireland too

1 Like

@smark obviously wants to have big thick brown envelope of Vietnamese Dong to slip into the inside pocket of the father of his bride to be.

A lovely gesture.

8 Likes

Thanks for that. They’re all much of a muchness between themselves, the credit union and the bank. There’s €2 between them all when ordering a decent figure. I’ll just go with the bank i’d say.

Why put money into the pocket of those greedy cunts, support your friendly local credit union.

Is there a Credit Union in Tour?

No, but I’d hazard there isn’t a bank either

Good point.