TFK Capitalist Thread

Been flat last couple of hours, surge was overnight. Trying to find info on this Robert Gallo announcement

It’s a relief rally, wouldn’t get too excited by it.

Impossible to know that. DJIA has traded between 20.5 - 22k last couple of weeks, with intraday swings of 5%

Correct, but we hit an intraday bottom of ~1850 on March 23 and have trended up since then even though news has gotten worse (deaths in US). If deaths peak this week and start to trend down, or if there’s good news on a potential treatment, the market will soar. Two big “ifs” there though.

We are saved

BULL RUN

Buy buy buy, we have the cure

1 Like

Great stuff from the Adam Smith Institute

SURGING

Stock markets are SURGING again today.

Lot of money made in last two weeks by the lads who BUY THE DIP.

You can’t eat Gold

1 Like

During the GFC I was in a hotel in Madrid that had a vending machine in it where you could buy gold in various amounts worth from 50 euro to 500 euro.

@Juhniallio repurpose the snickers ones for Gold

Leases for a third of the office space agreed in the first quarter have fallen through or been placed on hold since lockdown, according to a survey of the Dublin office market. Savills Ireland said of the Q1 agreements on new leases for 88,448sqm of office space, some 15,460sqm had fallen through, with 13,730sqm postponed indefinitely “pending greater certainty on the impact of Covid-19”.

There’ll be a fair few leases broken as soon as they expire as well I’d say. Any company that is seeing WFH isn’t going too badly will be saying to themselves what are we at with big offices costing us a fortune

There’ll be a massive drop in rents for college students as well. If they are only part time on campus it will make sense for a lot of them to commute a couple of times a week for the semester. UL at least are operating a 12 week semester with no exams, only projects, so that’s three weeks less time you need to be on campus as well

Marty Morrissey wont be happy.

Convert all the unwanted offices to residential accomodation.
#gaffes

1 Like

There will be significant knock on effect for companies servicing offices too, I’m thinking in particular around printing companies. The mythical paperless office may suddenly have come a massive step closer to actually being achieved.

The student rental market in Newcastle west will suffer.