I'm a whiney bitch who can't drink for shit these days

Yeah, was a fair bet. Got a tip from connections he said.

:smile:

I’ve had the book about 2 years but haven’t been able to read it due to an aversion to books… picked it up for €1 in a car boot sale along with a Carole King vinyl… What a day that was .

1 Like

Phenomenal work. Tapestry is all I’m familiar with really.

That’s the one.

There’ll be a very sudden drop in quality of the food pics posted in the ravenous thread if they manage to pin it on him. Porridge.

A really terrific album.

Thanks for your advice on drink-induced depression, it gave me food for thought but in the end I went with a few Caramel Cake Bars, Miles Davis Sketches of Spain and yet another look at the Champion Stakes Coursing 1985-86 from the enormous fields of Newmarket, the soporific voice over from Sir Mark having to be muted on this occasion as he would interrupt Miles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJcTd7M8RY8&t=760s

3 Likes

Signing in.

Christ the thoughts that are going through my head

We can only imagine

You couldn’t make them up I’d say

3 Likes

Listening to L.A. Woman while recovering from a bombastic night of drunkenness in West Clare. Only the thoughts of @Fagan_ODowd and his bumper crop of sloes is preventing me from slipping permanently from this mortal coil into the welcoming arms of final darkness. That and my, as yet uncompleted, dying wish to visit the Tower of Ballybrood for a drink are keeping me alive.

1 Like

Hang in there, hangovers are short lived in the grand scheme of things.

@Smark

I was there as recently as last Friday night @SHANNONSIDER. Just got in the car and directed my companion where to drive me.

1 Like

How many patrons were on the premises?

We were the only two for a start but there were three fellas sat around the bar when leaving. Its a quiet spot, I’d say Uncle Toms up the road might be more busy?

Uncle Toms would be busier but given that it is the size of a large front room 16 people would fill it.

We should have gone to The Tower AND Uncle Tom’s for the cure on Sunday though having completed my dying wish I may have felt there was scarce else to live for. It’s a fine balancing act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy9mMnxee3E