TFK International Business Travel Thread

No mate, that and it disgusts me.

I had last night:

• A DIY rumpsteak sitting on one of those hot lava stones which is supposedly at 3 million degrees

• A baked potato, still wrapped in its tinfoil, in a bread basket.

• A cat-tin with beansprouts and bacon-chunks.

• A little roundel of garlic butter.

There was no main plate as such, and when I enquired after one so that I could maybe enjoy the various components of my dinner together, or at least not off the table, I was given a saucer. Predictably enough, the whole ensemble was fairly underwhelming, although I will say it turned out to be a fine shpud.

the Belgians do it right

1 Like

Christ, spoiler thatā€¦ Its like a cum shot ffs

2 Likes

If that was served in a Craft Beer bar in Dublin youā€™d have the hipsters going crazy for it

2 Likes

You have an exotic sex life.

1 Like

certainly brings a new, and worrying, perspective to the limerick chippers thread

At one stage Frankfurt was the busiest airport in Europe. It is absolutely brutal for food, but thatā€™s Germany for you. The land of bread, mustard and cheap cuts of meat

the fruit and veg is savage bad in Germany, supposedly a proper country, they are too tight to pay for proper fruit and veg

:grinning:

They have no appreciation for good food whatsoever

Did you ever get a lump of Haxe over there?

I donā€™t think so, what is it, meat?

I got a lump of something in a Hofbrauhaus in Berlin a good while back that was tough as old boots. It was pitched as the chefs specialty but I couldnā€™t eat it.

The German equivalent of a ham hock but twice the size. Was in Karlsruhe during the summer and the vendor insisted on me having it despite the 30 odd degree heat :tired_face:

The fuckers would eat any kind of shit. Karlsruhe is a grand spot, plenty of wealth down there

Signing back in. Heading to den haag for a meeting in the AM, then onto Brussels. On the plus side Iā€™m on the thalys which is superfast. I do love train travel.

5 Likes

ā€œSuperfastā€

:grinning:

2 Likes

Heā€™d want to be careful he leaves himself some megabytes for the rest of the journey

2 Likes

They do the whole train thing well on the continent to be fair.

Itā€™s so fast he can almost feel the wind in his hair.

4 Likes