TFK Outstanding Brands Thread

Lucozade is the fourth biggest selling brand. That’s unbelievable

:pint:

The influence Lucozade have in the fitness and sports sector in this country is shameful. Young lads going around with bottles of lucozade sport thinking it will give them the edge in a game of 6 aside.

Education begins at home but needs to continue on schools. This shit should be banished from school yards.

Walkers Crisps are number 9.

That is wrong.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 822821, member: 1786”]Walkers Crisps are number 9.

That is wrong.[/quote]

Where are you getting this list from?

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 822811, member: 686”]The influence Lucozade have in the fitness and sports sector in this country is shameful. Young lads going around with bottles of lucozade sport thinking it will give them the edge in a game of 6 aside.

Education begins at home but needs to continue on schools. This shit should be banished from school yards.[/quote]

This!! It’s criminal… The problem is most parents don’t know the facts and sadly are also duped by their marketing. It’s diabetes in a bottle.

http://www.thejournal.ie/biggest-selling-brands-in-ireland-groceries-1052994-Aug2013/

How come Cadbury’s Dairy milk is considered a stand alone brand but the various walkers crisps aren’t?

Remember when Lucozade used to be nice? Before they got rid of all those delicious artificial colouring’s

I very occasionally drink a lucozade sport before/during training. For example, yesterday I was feeling shite/low on energy but decided to go anyway and figured a bottle of something would help before going, I had in mind one of those green tea based vit-hit ones, but they didn’t have any so went for club energize sport (€1). Probably psychosomatic but I feel it helps.

I can’t help but feel I played a part in the strangle hold lucozade now has over the drinks industry and the health of our children. I got drafted into a market research exercise by a mate of mine when I was 16. He had agreed to do it and to bring along some friends too. Free soft drinks in the local pub (O’Driscolls) and sambos and club milks was the price we sold our soul for, and the waistlines of the crruent generation it seems. I’m fucked if I can remember now, but this was the days of only original lucozade in the glass bottle, there may have been a lemon one too? But we certainly emphasized the importance of the connection with sport.

Lucozade had a fairly short lived drink out called NRG in a small glass bottle. Lovely tack.

Not

Get on the DART any weekend morning and see the scum and their kids sucking down their bottles of Lucozade whilst they battle vainly against their hangovers (the kids too, probably) and you wouldn’t find it so unbelieveable.

We spend over 6 billion quid in this country on booze every year. And only a handful of us who have had access to Kev know how to properly hydrate and nourish ourselves.

I’m surprised the brand isn’t higher up, to be honest.

In our house the top 10 brands would be…

Willie Kavanaghs Golden Records
Kerrygold Butter
Pattersons Oatcakes
Anne Nolans Carrots, Onions and Parsnips
KP’s Prime Beef and Lamb
Biona Coconut Oil
Kelkin Peanut Butter (crunchy)
Greens and Blacks 70% Dark Chocolate
The Health Store Whole Almonds
KP Fresh Water from the 200 Foot well under the house

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 822886, member: 686”]
Kelkin Peanut Butter (crunchy)[/quote]
Try Meridian. 100% peanuts, healthiest on the market and it’s gorgeous. I bought a 1kg tub for 8.99 and am tearing through it to aid with putting on a few pounds.

Just bought a tub of it yesterday!

Looked vile when I opened the lid but my god it tastes good!

Savage value. It will become an established brand in our house.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 822886, member: 686”]In our house the top 10 brands would be…

Willie Kavanaghs Golden Records
Kerrygold Butter
Pattersons Oatcakes
Anne Nolans Carrots, Onions and Parsnips
KP’s Prime Beef and Lamb
Biona Coconut Oil
Kelkin Peanut Butter (crunchy)
Greens and Blacks 70% Dark Chocolate
The Health Store Whole Almonds
KP Fresh Water from the 200 Foot well under the house[/quote]

Cocunut oil, eh? The misses only bought this yesterday, supposed to be wonderful stuff for all kinds of ailments.

And for cooking

Papillion survived for months on end on coconuts alone.

We go through a large jar of this stuff every 2 weeks.

This is the future…

https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1175554_618938634793231_2116559567_n.jpg

It’s good for what ails you alright. Tastes great used for cooking stir-frys or curries.

That egg stuff looks a bit rotten.

Had a great salad today for lunch, they’re filling if you just put enough stuff into them.