TFK Paddle Boarders (no friendship bracelets)

thereā€™s loads of them doing it in the smaller harbour between the INSS and the old fishing pier. the water in that part of the harbour is fucking rank :face_vomiting:

One of my Reformer Pilates instructors is in a paddle board whatsapp group she was telling me. Theyā€™d discuss tides etc

I thought to myself that if I tell her Iā€™m on tfk and tides are not real Iā€™ll do more harm than good so I nodded and went on my way

Lake and river would seem boring, but sea paddling might be good as with a board that big, youā€™d catch the small waves even. I have seen the inflatable ones which look handy. Iā€™d say it would be more fun using one with small waves at the sea. Or a lake big enough to generate some waves.

1 Like

My one is inflatable. You pump it up to whatever psi so itā€™s solid. Takes about 15 minutes to pump with manual pump.
Iā€™ve electric one but need to figure out attachment. Iā€™ve only gone out in sea. Itā€™s a bit of craic and kids like it.

The bigger ones are much more forgiving. Youā€™d stand up easily on my one.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only ever used a longboard for surfing, 10ft, and it could catch anything, was great fun, but a bit of an ordeal to transport.
The SUPs look like a good bit of fun, a good workout too, and you wouldnā€™t have to be cork sniffing for waves etc if thatā€™s what you wanted to use them for.
I have an auld bodyboard these days for gowling around on, but havenā€™t been in the sea for a while now with waves.

1 Like

Signing out.

Itā€™s gone too mainstream now.

5 Likes