TFK Virtual Fun Run Series Event 5 (the last one): Flat Out Five Part Deux

Yep, times up to tomorrow night :+1: great going mate

1 Like

Iā€™m all clogged up with a cold.

Sorry @caulifloweredneanderthal, I knew I didnā€™t have the will to beat my 19:30 from the last time so I put it off, thought Iā€™d run a fast 5k during my run today but it became apparent after 600m at 4m pace that I didnā€™t have it in me today so I abandoned, youā€™ll see it there after I passed the 8k mark
But thanks for doing this, runnningagainst the clock takes fierce will and I learned that I can do it, Iā€™m certain it will benefit me when we get racing again.

5 Likes

No bother pal. The series kind of petered out the last few events as lads when back to other types of training.

I kept meaning to do an effort myself tbh (Iā€™ve done a few 5kms lately but theyā€™ve all been just training effort) but other things got in the way, and longer, slower runs off road have been what Iā€™m chasing, so Iā€™m a non entry on this leg too. Work has been chaotic and the Mrs is working a lot at weekends so Iā€™m grabbing opportunities I can to do long runs

Iā€™ll put together a leaderboard later lads. Apologies for my own slacking on this one.

We might reconvene in the new year for a 5 or 10km effort to get lads kick started after they doing the dog on it over Christmas

3 Likes

Ya the return of the GGA didnā€™t help this series. The altitude one was an interesting challenge I didnā€™t get around to doing.

Thatā€™s the one that interested me the most in last couple of months

Weā€™ll be out in next week :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:

Chalk me down for 23:12 now @caulifloweredneanderthal. I might give my quick route 1 final last on Wednesday / Thursday. Havenā€™t got out on it yet

My cold is clearing - Iā€™ll try do some Wednesday / Thursday

Iā€™m nothing if not consistent (ly slow)

Felt bad that I didnā€™t get to do the final run of the series and was thinking of doing it today. However, a window of opportunity came up for me to do a long run in the hills. It was probably a bit too warm for these kind of antics but this is my longest run of 2020.

Well done to all who did all five events. Fair fucks to ye. Iā€™ll get the times sorted todayā€¦ Or tomorrow. Enjoy whatever training youā€™re doing over the winter months. I might give something big a rattle later this year. Iā€™ll see.

7 Likes

12k this morning.
Weā€™re back baby.
My feet (both) are killing me. My back is stiff. My hamstrings are sore, as are both knees, and my right Achilles tendon.

1 Like

Times below for this round v July.

Runner July September Improvement %
Fran 24:48 25:25
PhattPike 21:19 22:42
Alf Stewart 25:26 23:28 Couldnā€™t be arsed working this out
Locke 25:24 26:37
Mac 21:26 23:36

@alf_stewart is the only one to improve on his time, and is therefore the winner. PM me mate and Iā€™ll send you out a prize

@fran and @mac are the only ones who completed all five events (shout out to @Locke who got disqualified from the climbing challenge for registering two metres, but in fairness, he had his hands full at the time).

Personally I think @fran or @mac are both worthy winners of the ā€˜Spirit of the Seriesā€™ award which I also mentioned. Perhaps it can be a joint award!

5 Likes

Some of @Bandageā€™s park run times have to be up for review.

To check if he was actually running miles instead of kilometres?