TFKFHLJPPT 2020 -Sweet 16 - Fagan V glas

I always would have thought Ollie Moran was better as well

I forget what game of the Tipp trilogy it was we were well behind at half time and Shaughs spoke for about the first time in the dressing room and said he was sick of losing, I hate fucking losing and I want to get out there and fucking win. And we did. (Or we drew and eventually won the third day, hair raising stuff either way). That was Ollie’s best season in fairness.

There’s little enough in it in fairness and a bounce of a ball here or there could decide it either way on any given day. In a race to death by a thousand cuts though I think Glas’s team would get there first.

If we were well behind that was the second game in Thurles. Shaughs got the 65 (I think?) to draw it level. Ollie Moran was magnificent that day, as he was in the first game, got 0-5 from play both days.

That must have been the one so. Shaughs was a wizard, it was a pity he didn’t get to play longer and more a pity we were so weak most of his career. But he was a natural and a magnificent hurler.

A brilliant midfield (glas) v a brilliant HBL (fagan)

HBL is the most important line in hurling, so Fagan for me but it’s close.

1 Like

I remember at games hoping he would be moved out to the wing so we would see more of him. Spent a lot of his career starved.

there’s a lack of pace in @Fagan_ODowd back 6. I don’t know has @glasagusban got the raw pace outside Sutcliffe to cause huge problems for them though

They’ve both picked 4 of the 6 forwards the same, in different positions. Cloonan swings the full forward line for Glas, Richie Power swings the Half forward line for Fagan.

Midfield would have to go to Glas, I think Fagans half back line is more balanced but a little slow, Glas is slow as well. I’d give Fagan the nod here. I’d give Glas full back line the nod, pace and athleticism wise.

Intriguing stuff

Tough decision here

@Fagan_ODowd wins this easily. Glas has a grand few grafters in the forwards and his natural scorers are windy out. Fagans corner forwards will exploit glas’s useless corner backs too.

Other than midfield, Glas’s team makes no sense to me.
But Fagan has Damian Hayes on his team.
This is very difficult.

@glasagusban’s midfield :heart_eyes:

He wins that battle against a decent pair but then @Fagan_ODowd’s half-back line; unreal aswell. Although again, I could see Harnedy causing Maher problems and Sutcliffe will surely pick off a few scores even if he is winning fuck all primary possession against McMahon. Inside Glas has a decent, if not spectacular, inside line but Fagan’s backs are fairly solid too.

Lots of similarities in the half-forward line; Power does give Fagan an edge here. Glas’ half-backs are all good under the ball but like the opposition, none great on the turn and I’m not sure I like the balance of it. Again, I could see all three half-forwards picking off a few scores. Inside, again it’s a good full-forward line against a decent full-back line.

For me, it really comes down to whether I think Fagan’s half-back line or Glas’ midfield will have more of an influence on the game. I didn’t go with Glas last time, but I’m going to give him the edge by a point this time.

1 Like

I’m going to vote for the team with the most limerick lads

5 Likes

@glasagusban does it!

Well done @glasagusban. When I saw the respective line outs I thought I hadnt a hope. Very well put together team.

I hope you go on and win it now.

2 Likes

Jaysus I thought I’d voted for Fagan in this. No sign of @Big_Dan_Campbell doing the last minute reminders, must have had a heavy one last night.

I’m cleaning the oven, flat out here

A right pain in the arse of a job. My sympathies.

Hickey would fall over repeatedly with Hayes running at him.

Hickey would probably outscore Hayes.