TFKHDTJPPT 2020 - Preliminary Heat 1 - Hurleys Up v Fagan's XV

Hurleys up comfortably here for me.

Outside of power theres no game changers in that forward line of fagans, might huff their way to 1-16 and but hayes and deane would have that full back line breathing hard early.

1 Like

Hard to choose between either set of backs or midfield but Fagan’s forwards win it for me. Hurleys Up have 3 gruellers on the half forward line, Fagan’s front 6 have more range and would do more scoring damage I think.

Dont think the first team would score enough. Fagan for me

Today’s examiner

1 Like

I was always very lucky with my hands. I never broke a bone in either of them.

And the shtate of them in the photo. :grimacing: Just because you never went for an x-ray doesn’t mean you never broke something Damien.

32! How many other IC used a 32 over the years?

A lot are using 32s these days. Hurleys are getting shorter & lighter.

1 Like

You only think that because lads are getting bigger.

Gillane would use a 32/33 hurley.

That full forward line would average 5 goals a game with the right ball being played into them.

He’s only a handy-sized fella

1 Like

Gillane in particular looks like he’s wielding a wooden spoon. It adds to the general aura of awkwardness when it comes to his free-taking.

He puts the odd one over too

He does but he’s no metronome with it. I would have called it out as one of our weaknesses going into a championship this year, if we ever get a championship to go into.

Exactly, you couldn’t vote for a cunt you didn’t like. I couldn’t give a fuck about Fagan’s half forward line but he’s getting my vote here.

This is a tough one to call. I really like @Un-Reale’s full-forward line, there is serious scoring potential there. But you’d have to say that there is very little scoring threat from his half-forward line, and @Fagan_ODowd has a particularly strong half-back line in response. Having said that, they’d probably be kept honest through sheer endeavour.

I would never have gone for an 8-point full-back but you’d have to say having Hickey there makes that line look much stronger and I just fancy that match-up against Fagan’s full-forward line more than the other side of the pitch. On the other hand, I do like the balance of Fagan’s half-forward line; I’d fancy Harnedy to do a bit of damage against Maher and Power floating around could also rack up scores.

I marginally prefer Un-reale’s midfield and I’m just going go give them the edge by a couple of points; I just think that full-forward line would do a bit of damage against that full-back line. Very very tight though.

1 Like

Let’s hope others aren’t as partisan

Sound @Aristotle for the nod, outstanding summary as usual.

If Fagan had prendergast at half forward and power in full I might have given him the nod. A bizarre selection decision.

Just over two hours left for any undecided voters left