Dance OD’d years ago
Rock gone so far up its own hole it stinks
Country music too busy being country music
Alternative/Indie scene overrun by snowflakes and hipsters
Jazz strung out on its own self absorbsion

At least some in this country still keepin’ it real

Any link to the lyrics?

Negative alas. I’ll ask Galway girl Vali

Anyone who likes Hip Hop should listen to the Mogul podcast. Very enjoyable. Season 1 is the story of Chris Lighty, Season 2 is the story of hip hop in Miami

1 Like
1 Like

Beastie Boys - Shake your Rump…A

1 Like

One of my all time favourite songs.

The sheer anger mixed with pop culture references all over the place!!

‘You got your FINGER on the TRIGGER like the Son of Sam!!’

Beastie Boys - Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun

1 Like

After reading the Pogues thread yesterday I listened to this song yesterday evening and I thought there was a similarity in the genius of the lyrics in this song to McGowan, and how he captures the absolute hopelessness of a situation and the voice of the person in it with a poetic use of language.

cc @anon61878697

Is this going to worth me interrupting my ‘Now that’s what i call christmas’ playlist that I have going here?

Yes. Read the lyrics as you give it a listen too. Not a word wasted, macgowan-esque.

Ok, I’ll just let Wham play out here pal.

I’ll cut your throat.

Sigh.

1 Like

McGregoritis. Its a thing

It made my ears sore - I honestly dont know how you can listen to that. But i’ll wish you well as you do.

Did you read it?

The rise of the far right into power in less enlightened countries just might have the residual effect of making music interesting again
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/rapper-dave-brands-boris-johnson-21525294?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mirror_main&fbclid=IwAR0HTPhgc9rj41910NIAxdYt1AQW0QtVtYmzXdGIWs0Xi2pq4-Td07k_QiE

1 Like
1 Like