The 2010 January Transfer Window Thread

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I see yesterday that Liverpool are linked with Ruud Van Nistlerooy.

It is too late but buying someone of his quality is always welcome.[/quote]

Class player but couldn’t see him working at Liverpool. Also very injury prone now. That said Liverpool have a record of buying players nearing the end of their careers. Some successful-Gary MaCallister, Some not-Morientes, Litmanen. Both were decent but Rafa seemed to lose faith very quickly in Morientes.

Would Liverpool be able to pay his wages? Looking for one last huge contract before retiring apparently.

[quote=“hannibal”]Class player but couldn’t see him working at Liverpool. Also very injury prone now. That said Liverpool have a record of buying players nearing the end of their careers. Some successful-Gary MaCallister, Some not-Morientes, Litmanen. Both were decent but Rafa seemed to lose faith very quickly in Morientes.

Would Liverpool be able to pay his wages? Looking for one last huge contract before retiring apparently.[/quote]

Litamen was never given a proper chance. He was inexblicably underused by Houillier and when he did play he was excellent.

Morientes was just shite for Liverpool. He was never going to work. A very good player in his day though.

Don’t think previous experiences with older players really adds much weight to the Van N argument. It is all on the player. Liverpool badly need another striker and I think Van N would do very well if he can keep fit. He has done well with every club he has been with so far so there is no reason to think that he won’t do the same with Pool.

Also I can’t see him demanding a big contract to join Liverpool.

To be honest Farmer if I was a Liverpool fan I’d be far more concerned about the defence. Another centre back is desparately needed. If ye can stop leaking goals at least ye’ll give yourselves a chance of winning games. Gerrard, Kuyt and Benayoun should contribute enough goals even if Torres isn’t fit.

Defense is a major problem alright Hannibal but I think a lot of the problem there is system generated. I am not sure how much of an impact a new centre half will make if they can’t sort out how to defend a corner correctly. Another right back would probably be better allowing Carragher to move across into the centre. I still rate Skrtel and Agger but the Greek lad is atrocious.

I can’t understand why Kuyt isn’t being played up front at the moment. He is a better striker than Ngog or Voronin and used to play there. I don’t think there is any doubt that a proper reserve for Torres is required and Van Nistlerooy is quality and is always welcome as I said.

Rumours going around that one of the Merseyside clubs have tabled a 6m bid for Jermaine Beckford. Would be awful to see him leave but I don’t think Leeds could turn down that type of money for any player at the moment.

I can’t see Tranmere paying that kind of cash.

What other club in Merseyside would have that kind of cash though Runt?

any sign of aidan mcgeady trying to improve himself as a footballer and getting out of that micky mouse league aka tha spl.

you didnt need to put the aka at the end there:rolleyes:

any romanista here cicinhio is for sale?

Ki Sung Yong (Asian Young Player of the Year 2009) has arrived in Glasgow to sign for Celtic. Looks like a prospect.

The Korean Provo has decent English - says he’s going to be the Steven Gerrard of the SPL here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAG1jlASCwU&

Just thinking, John Reid, Peter Lawwell and the PLC Board will be doing cartwheels given his English is passable - no need to employ an interpreter. Every penny counts for these charlatans.

At least they can do cartwheels. Huns chairman has no such luck!

Word has it that Robbie Keane to Celtic on a loaner is a done deal at this stage. Any Celtic heads care to comment? Bandage has been leading up to this one for quite some time now…:smiley:

Robbie Keane is coming to Celtic. The greatest Irish player of all time coming to the most famous and successful Irish club ever. Ah lovely. :clap:

I love Robbie :clap:

If robbie goes to the SPL he will score goals for fun.

Should do alright

Barry Johnson gone to Glenavon

Who gives a fuck Runt.