The 6 Nations 2024

If Ireland are ever going to sacrifice a six nations season for development, it has to be next year

https://twitter.com/denis_hurley/status/1769145658114523256?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Absolutely weirdo behaviour here by the fella beside POM

https://twitter.com/irishrugby/status/1769085820881809564?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Why would it be Farrell’s fault? He picks who he deems to be the best players for Ireland and its hard to argue that he’s done that

They have input into provincial selections too.

He’s wants Gavin Coombes moved to the second row as well.

No he didn’t. Kleyn should have been in the Irish squad instead he ends up back in the boks squad and wins a World Cup.

Munster are weakened because they have to pick between Kleyn and Synman.

Munster will be weaker so it hinders the development of the younger players. Same when they refused to pay Donnacha Ryan and Simon zebo.

I’ve conducted my review and I’ll call it Farrell is a busted flush.

He fucked up at the World Cup and we’ll live to regret that.

Doris being made captain. He’s the first fella to disappear when the going gets tough.

Furlong, Pom, Healy, aki, Murray, jgp and bealham all the wrong age and won’t be easily replaced.

Watching the game back the Irish players look absolutely knackered. I’d be shocked if the provinces aren’t dumped out of Europe by fresher sides.

The final nail in Farrell will be that lions nonsense. Joe schidmt is a genius and he’ll make the Aussies very very dangerous.

France and England are picking from way more clubs and that has its advantages but also from a cohesion point of view it can be difficult in the six nations for them picking from so many clubs. That advantage for Ireland is invariably wiped out come the World Cup and it’s the main reason England and France nearly always turn up at the world cups a much better side.

1 Like

Schmidt made a hames of two World Cup campaigns.

He didn’t.

He set Irish rugby back decades. He didnt trust Paddy to be bale to catch and kick the ball. He’ll unleash Australia though, they’ll win the next World Cup thanks to him and the groundwork Eddie put in a few weeks ago.

Two humblings in the RWC QF and never trusted Zebo to provide X factor

He turned BOD into a crash ball merchant

Poor old BOD was turned into Kevin Maggs. Gatty had no choice but to drop him

6 nations trophy was down the brother’s gaff this morning!

12k if it goes missing apparently. Had it been a grand slam and deep enough pockets, youd almost pony it up and keep it!

5 Likes

Ye are the spit of each other.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/SixNationsRugby/status/1776218226755821944?t=j0lcPSnRnGGhbUT9TD4arQ&s=19

Here’s a true story.
Back in the day, we were looking for an Irish band for the wedding. I’d not long met herself and she’d never had much to do with Ireland or anything in it before, bar one holiday with a friend.
I dragged her down to chorlton Irish club to ask who was about. It was iirc a Saturday evening around half six. It was quiet as it hadn’t opened clearly, but the half door was open, and just inside it was the Liam McCarthy. I looked at it not quite believing it. I tried to explain to her what it was, and she just looked at me, so I ended up by saying lamely that it was the Irish version of the FA cup itself, and a national treasure.
I don’t think she quite believed me. There wasn’t a sinner around, and we could have picked it up and walked off with it, and nobody would ever have known.
Was out after that a year or two, for a run with a few English folk and we ran past old bedians. There was a ladies football match on.
Jeepers they’ve a nice cup said Ed as we trotted past this thing out on a table at the side of the pitch.
Fcuk me, said I, that’s the Sam McGuire. They all had their photo taken holding it. It was mighty. They were delighted with themselves (so was I).

3 Likes

Brilliant stories. Not to burst any bubbles but afaik there are 2/3 Liam McCarthy/Sam Maguire’s on the go.

Why did you feel the need to burst his bubble mate

6 Likes

Like Putin.