The 6 Nations 2024

You’re not right about many things, or anything ever really but you fairly nailed Scmidt ball early doors. Seems like he was holding Ireland back from their rubby potential

2 Likes

Another bluffer

Am I the only one that thinks there was an anti-climactic feel to proceedings today? It always felt like they’d get it done. They’re an un-Oirish team in that regard

1 Like

Your man getting sent off fucked it. You’d wonder if he hadn’t been would they have been able to get themselves in order

Down in Cork for the night. A crowd of us entered five (5) pubs earlier searching for a TV showing Meath v Dublin to no avail. Was like Limerick with its lack of GAA coverage CC @peddlerscross. I expected to encounter a sports pub showing rugby, GAA and soccer but it was pure rugby country today.

We had interactions with a Birmingham reveller who informed us that he has the same dealer as Jack Grealish which was a quite controversial claim. He also asserted that he avails of the same hooker (not a rugby reference). There was a strong chance that he was talking shite but I’d like to believe there was an element of truth.

Ireland Ireland Ireland.

1 Like

They wouldn’t. Ireland play teams like that all the time coming at them for 30 minutes giving it big licks but none of them can sustain it and they get so hepped up they give away stupid penalties and yellow and red cards. Todays result was utterly inevitable.

2 Likes

We are so fit now compared to before. All our games are the same. We utterly dominate the final 20 minutes all the time.

1 Like

Ireland were expected thump the English today. Winning was considered a formality. They got the job done but made heavy enough weather of it against 14 men. A poor English team cranked up the pressure and Ireland didn’t particularly like it.

To be honest it was a performance that doesn’t bode that great for the World Cup.

The crowd now is ultra corporate and Lansdowne Road is arguably the worst home ground of the traditional Five Nations for atmosphere, whereas with the old ground it was probably second only to Cardiff for atmosphere, Irish crowds have got used to winning, and there’s a World Cup on the horizon, which is the big prize and one which Ireland have historically shit the course.

All those factors add up to an anti-climax.

I thought the game played out exactly how many predicted. England would play well and keep it tight backboned by a few Saracen players who have a great record v Ireland.

That’s the reality of the situation now. Thanks to the split season interest levels in GAA are falling and falling.

After being at a wedding on Thursday and on the piss yesterday for the Gold Cup, i gave my very reliable relief milker an evening off so was busy and didnt see a second of the rugby myself. I got 5 minutes of Armagh v Galway in before heading off to Evening Mass. I was very pleased with a robust attendance in spite of the Rugby.

8 Likes

In all fucking fairness like :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Meath and Dublin

7 Likes

You’d have to have concerns. Still, Farrell and Catt seem to have more cop on than the likes of a Schmidt so they might have a chance

As a Limerick hurling fan I was nodding my head along in recognition at that.

1 Like

I hope this chap had a lovely time

Farrell and Catt played the game at the highest level. Joe Schmidt was a schoolteacher

Paul o Connell has added serious rugby intellect to the backroom team.

He was the worst thing to ever happen rugby

Two rogues in the pack there

I’m heartened by some of the ascerbic replies to Jennifer Carroll MacNeill’s tweet.