The 6 Nations 2024

That’s actually a more exciting lineup than I was expecting tbh. Delighted Stockdale didn’t find his way into the 23. Must be a good while since there wasn’t a single Ulster player in an Irish 23?

2 Likes

Throw up your 15 there

The 4 year cycle.

1 Like

The much maligned Gerry Thornley picked the exact team in the paper on Tuesday. Gerry’s sources are impeccable.

IRELAND (v France, possible): Hugo Keenan; Calvin Nash, Robbie Henshaw, Bundee Aki, James Lowe; Jack Crowley, Jamison Gibson-Park; Andrew Porter, Dan Sheehan, Tadhg Furlong; Tadhg Beirne, Joe McCarthy; Peter O’Mahony (capt), Josh van der Flier, Caelan Doris.

Replacements: Rónan Kelleher, Cian Healy, Finlay Bealham, James Ryan, Ryan Baird, Jack Conan, Conor Murray, Ciarán Frawley.

1 Like

You cant disrespect the 6 Nations doncha know.

Depsite the French captain pissing all over it.

Furlong, Gibson park, Pom, Murray, aki and Healy have little or no chance of making the
Next World Cup.

What impact will James Ryan make off the bench? Ian Henderson would be a much better option.

Baird should start at 6 and play Pom at 7 if you want. Murray is badly out of form so have Doak or Casey as a sub.

Frawley at 12 would be a big help to Crowley too and is a creative player.

Loughnan ahead of Healy makes
More sense too and even bealham ahead of furlong.

Win today and win tomorrow.

6 nations on the line. You play your best team and start trying lads out in tours/Nov tests

2 Likes

Murray is playing terribly.

No need to start furlong. Bring him on with 25 to go. You might actually prolong his career.

If Andy thinks Cian Healy is still the second best chap at loose-head in the country then he has my support

Don’t risk the 6 Nations lads :joy:

1 Like

Is he even playing beyond this season?

If @ProperChurch retires I’ll be retiring from rubby viewership out of respect

2 Likes

They’ll make a beer out of that name

REVENGE!!!

https://twitter.com/ruaidhrioc/status/1752770499354955987?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

That’s a sad enough state of affairs though. Not much talent coming through either, they will be desperately hoping for a southern hemisphere import to work out and keep some interest like Aki has done for Connacht.

I was under the impression that with the likes of Tom Stewart, David (almost typed Tiernan) McCann and Hume that the academy was starting to hum again.

I’d agree on Murray to an extent although I think Munster showed how much they missed the like of him to close out their game against Northampton.

Furlong looking sharper in recent games.

Healy shouldn’t be the second best loosehead at this stage in his career but its hard to make the case that any of the others have passed him out.

That back row is going nowhere either as a unit. They should get Baird and Tom ahern in there Somewhere. We don’t produce lads like them very often.

Henderson should be ahead of Ryan too as a sub. Offers a lot more and is more versatile too.

https://twitter.com/seidodge/status/1752808175416324267?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

5 Likes