The 6 Nations 2024

Penalty for Italy which will win it if it goes over. Last kick of the game.

Some weekend for Italian rugby

Hits the post. 13-13 draw.

1 Like

I was about to say there game-management at the end had been brutal, but France shot themselves in the foot for a finish

How did Scotland not beat France Ffs

What drama!!

Surreal ending

What drama. Meanwhile Poor old Paddy Footix watching Chelsea v Liverpool in the Milk Cup Final. Any sign of a goal from this pair today after 4 scoreless hours across two Cup Finals, two seasons ago?

2 Likes

I watched 5 mins of the rubby and turned over.

The only thing these results are telling us is that nobody bar Paddy gives a toss about six nations the year after a World Cup .

5 Likes

Great news for the lads who want to keep the aul jaunt to the aul Roman lookers on the agenda

The Scotch were cheated out of a Grand Slam decider against Ireland.

2 Likes

The poor French can’t take the game seriously after their best player gave it up to play tag rugt

5 Likes

That would have been a great occasion. Albeit we’d probably beat them by about 20 points in Dublin. I presume Ireland v England 2003 is still the most recent final day Grand Slam decider. A sobering day.

1 Like

He was wise to take time out from the contact stuff after the nasty facial injury he got in the World Cup.

The French forwards are too big and hefty. With all that size, they fire too quickly. That’s what cost them against South Africa in the World Cup quarter final.

Do you mean they tire too quickly?

I’d say the French are a lot fitter than they used to be but I do think the French club season takes its toll. Toulouse have put up some woeful performances post six nations.

Yes. The French forwards tire too quickly and are not mobile enough.

Yer man Atonio seems like a complete dead loss.

The French occasionally decide to just pack it in for the year, and it doesn’t matter what anybody does, once the mental decision is made to pack it in, they properly pack it in, they don’t want to know. They packed it in this season after losing to South Africa. 1999 was another example. They didn’t give a fuck about that Six Nations and were a David Humphries horror show away from being whitewashed. Then they turned around eight months later and defenestrated New Zealand. They lost to Italy in 2011 and couldn’t wag yet were cheated out of winning the World Cup final.

5 Likes