The A league thread

Any idea where I can watch the final online. Heading home today for 3 weeks. Foxtel go app hardly works outside the country does it?
They have made some fuck up with the ground. Ticket must be like golden dust in Melbourne

[QUOTE=“Loko Cove, post: 1139364, member: 3010”]Any idea where I can watch the final online. Heading home today for 3 weeks. Foxtel go app hardly works outside the country does it?
They have made some fuck up with the ground. Ticket must be like golden dust in Melbourne[/QUOTE]
No idea, I’m sure you could watch it online on Foxtel?
Stupid having the final in the sporting capital of the world. The AFL are a wall when it comes to moving games. Should be in Sydney. It’s going to be a belter of a game. Just hope Victory are not victorious.
@Chucks Nwoko - did you see Tara at the FFA awards the other night? She looked delightful.

Yeah maybe if I log in. Other way might be have a bet on it. I’d say I can watch it on bet365.

[QUOTE=“Fitzy, post: 1139375, member: 236”]No idea, I’m sure you could watch it online on Foxtel?
Stupid having the final in the sporting capital of the world. The AFL are a wall when it comes to moving games. Should be in Sydney. It’s going to be a belter of a game. Just hope Victory are not victorious.
@Chucks Nwoko - did you see Tara at the FFA awards the other night? She looked delightful.[/QUOTE]
I saw a picture of her in the Telegraph alright. While undoubtedly breathtaking, it’s impossible to gauge her complete allure from a newspaper snap.

No idea Loko, the SBS World Game app was excellent during the world cup. I presume they’d have rights of some sort? Otherwise, stick a tenner on Ibini first scorer and Bet365 it.

David Squires on the A League Grand Final

That started off well, but fizzled out. Disappointing.

Not unlike your beloved Mariners, coincidentally.

Bumped for @Bandage

Can’t see Sydney coming back here with a backline in all sorts against that Victory forward line. Fucks sake. Could get very tasty which would be entertaining, but Melbourne should win this handily enough now after Faty gone and Jurmain who should be in an emergency room.

Tara, swoon.

In saying that, Victory would want to get on with it and score again, as Sydney could catch them out here, especially with Smeltz on now.

Victory controlling the play , and if anything theyll grab a second.

I can see Sydney aciring a sneaky one. Though Janko’s down now. If thia goes to extra time Melbourne will annihilate them.

Bumped for @Bandage

Victory in fairness have been the best team all season and deserved this. I just hate that muscat cunt.

Shit. Missed this. Thanks for the updates, lads.

Damien Duff :clap::clap::clap:

Following a season-ending injury in February, former Irish international Damien Duff could have easily packed his bags and returned home to undergo a long rehabilitation process.
While some media outlets reported Duff had departed Australia for his homeland, Duff remained in Melbourne, quietly working behind the scenes on his rehab at the City Football Academy, Melbourne.
Unbeknown to many, Duff’s impact during this period would be profound, especially on the squad’s younger players. While his contribution on the field for City in his 15 matches for John van’t Schip’s side was memorable, arguably his impact off it was just as important.
image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/A-League/f/7e/city-forward-damien-duff-controls-the-ball-ahead-of-mariners-winger-nick-fitzgerald_1k3u5c8nxvc7o1o3orxnvnbbyv.jpg?t=-1377011790

With experience in England’s Premier League with Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea, Newcastle United and Fulham, Duff not only provided a presence on the field, but was a great role model for Melbourne City’s younger players.
Faced with a long lay-off period, Duff continued to come into Melbourne City FC’s headquarters on a daily basis, speaking to the younger players and keeping them motivated throughout the campaign.
Passing on his wisdom and experiences from his time in England’s top flight, Duff’s efforts did not go unnoticed and the Irishman was awarded the Clubman Award as recognition for his outstanding contribution to the club both on and off the pitch.
A man of few words at the best of times, Duff was shocked with the accolade.
“I’m pretty shocked to be fair, I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve this, I’m a bit embarrassed," Duff said at the awards evening last Tuesday.
image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/A-League/4a/80/robert-koren-celebrates-one-of-his-three-goals-with-melbourne-city-teammate-damien-duff_sf7kan0es1ss1uk3738hv9ewr.jpg?t=-1707991790

“I’m very honoured; thanks to everyone at the Club, to Scott [CEO Scott Munn], and everyone involved.
“I’m not the most vocal on or off the pitch… but I just try and work hard every day and try and influence the young lads and tell them to get to the top you can never really slack off and you have to give 110 per cent.
“It’s working hard on the pitch but also making sacrifices off the pitch, early nights, eating the right food, not drinking.”
Despite not continuing with the Club next season, Duff said he had enjoyed his time with Melbourne City FC, despite the injury-set back.
image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/A-League/78/eb/jets-skipper-kew-jaliens-shadows-damien-duff-in-their-sides-round-2-clash_11zo16zuqe43s1j44t2qwqu6lj.jpg?t=-1813688302

“Personally, [the injury] has been unfortunate for me, I came here with big ambitions for the year, but I’ve had an absolutely amazing experience,” Duff said.
So what’s next for the outgoing Melbourne City FC winger?
“I’m getting there [with rehabilitation], it’s part two – which will be two, three months – get home to Ireland, get fit and get playing again.”
“I’m 36 but I’m still as hungry as I was when I left for England when I was 16 so I’m looking to play again and the plan is to play in Ireland.”

Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/duffs-lasting-city-legacy/18k1j3f83s42q1p1v1m9aawlc5#ISgKimq1eO07olxA.99

He signed my Ireland shirt as well. Fucking legend and I told him that.

Got our 2015/16 Membership today for the Mariners.

What does that entail the few hundred, or so, lucky members to receive?

Excuse me, we have over 6000 members.
We got the earlybird preferential rates as ongoing members. $255 for me, $125 for herself as she’s a student and the young lad already has free membership. Pretty good deal, 13 home games, bring a friend for free to 4 games, sticker, cap etc and entry to Mariners events. Discount at the club shop. We get to keep our seats in the west stand (or the gin and tonic section as our friends with non reserved seats call it).

[QUOTE=“Fitzy, post: 1145545, member: 236”]Excuse me, we have over 6000 members.
We got the earlybird preferential rates as ongoing members. $255 for me, $125 for herself as she’s a student and the young lad already has free membership. Pretty good deal, 13 home games, bring a friend for free to 4 games, sticker, cap etc and entry to Mariners events. Discount at the club shop. We get to keep our seats in the west stand (or the gin and tonic section as our friends with non reserved seats call it).[/QUOTE]
I’ve always thought the Mariners were a poorly supported club. Understandable, given the competition on the CC with the mighty Knights. 6k quite surprises me.

How many of the 13 games would you head to? Entry to home FFA cup matches thrown in as a freebie?