The All England Lawn Tennis Club Championships 2018

This @Cicero_Dandi is evidently a huge grass court tennis fan. He was on this morning, following the draw live and providing live updates and commentary. The All England Lawn Tennis Championships are box office.

They are Geoffrey. There are sporting events we look forward to every year and I have always loved The Championship. It is the pinnacle of a sport I love. It saddens me that discussion of it on this board is sabotaged by this uncouth compare and contrast with muck tennis.

Have you made your mind up on whether the highest possible seed Federer has to play before the SF is still a bum?

You are reluctant to address this.

I expressed my views on the merits of Kevin Anderson as a tennis player during last year’s US Open. I appreciate that was in or around six months before you started posting here. I see you were at your creepy stalking routine again this morning pulling up posts I made about Kevin Anderson some six months before you starting posting here. Very odd behaviour.

Rather than try and talking about me, can you address whether you still think the highest seeded player Federer will meet before the SF is still a “bum” ?

It’s a fairly straight question you seem reluctant to answer. Cat got your tongue?

You really struggle with the English language. I’ve expressed my views on the merits of Kevin Anderson as a tennis player any number of times. What part of the post that you pulled up this morning did you not understand?

So you think Kevin Anderson is a bum yet you think Federer has a tough draw despite the fact you rate the highest seed he meets before the SF as a bum.

Classic Boycott contradiction.

Federer is seeded to meet one of the best young prospects in the game, Borna Coric (height 6 ft 1) in Round 4. Coric beat Federer five days ago in the Gerry Weber final in Halle. Federer is seeded to meet my tournament favourite, the recently crowned Queens champion and last years beaten finalist Marin Cilic in the semi finals. They’d be two very tough matches if they materialised. Federer could also meet Ivo Karlovic in Round 3. I think Karlovic is stone useless myself, but I know you rate him one of the best grass court players in the sport.

Kevin Anderson has never made the quarter final at the Championship. I’d be amazed if he breaks that habit of a lifetime over the next two weeks and I would rate prospects of a Federer v Anderson head to head in the quarter final as slim to none.

So Federer has an easy draw is what you’re saying?

If Federer was to make it to a final and have to go through say Youzhny in Round 3, Coric in Round 4, Monfils or Gilles Muller in a quarter final and Cilic in a semi final - that’s a tough draw.

All those guys with the exception of Cilic, are by your definition, journeymen. And you’re calling that a tough draw?

Utterly bizzarro anti-logic from you as per usual.

Borna Coric is 21 and a rising star. Utterly bizarre and anti-logic to label a 21 year old starting out and racing up the rankings as a journeyman.

A rising star?

He’s a nobody. He’s never been past the R3 of a slam. You are some spoofer.

A nobody? He won Halle last week. It took the Great Man until his 15th Grand Slam, a few weeks shy of turning 22 to make it past a quarter final.

You’re the spoofer. Months bigging up the prowess of the likes of Ivo Karlovic, John Isner, Kevin Anderson and Gilles Muller on grass. Then when they end up in Roger’s side of the draw this morning, you’re saying they’re no good and the Great Man has an easy draw.

Flip flop. Flip flop.

It’s bizarro logic.

Because some nobody wins a minor grass court tournament he is the future of tennis. But a guy who reaches a grand slam logic.

Crazy, nonsensical stuff from you as per usual.

Two weeks of aces are coming up now.

Kevin Anderson is a journey man. He made 1 quarter final in his first 34 Grand Slams before he made it to the final of the US Open last year at the age of 31, a tournament which was quite possibly the weakest field ever assembled for a Grand Slam in the Open era. Bizarre the way you keep bigging up Kevin Anderson.

And Coric has failed to make it past R3 of a slam yet.

You are some hypocrite. I’m not bigging up Anderson I’m just calling it laughable how you are saying Federer has a tough draw when the highest seed he can meet up to the QF is a guy you referred to as a bum.

What’s laughable is your bigging up of John Isner and Ivo Karlovic even after I pointed out the stark realities of their dreadful records at SW19.

Bigging up?

I said they are one dimensional big serving dinosaurs who play best on grass.

And I pointed out that you were wrong. Isner’s worst Grand Slam is the Championship. He plays worst on grass. Karlovic has won most tournaments on hardcourts.