The All England Lawn Tennis Club Championships 2018

A rising star?

Heā€™s a nobody. Heā€™s never been past the R3 of a slam. You are some spoofer.

A nobody? He won Halle last week. It took the Great Man until his 15th Grand Slam, a few weeks shy of turning 22 to make it past a quarter final.

Youā€™re the spoofer. Months bigging up the prowess of the likes of Ivo Karlovic, John Isner, Kevin Anderson and Gilles Muller on grass. Then when they end up in Rogerā€™s side of the draw this morning, youā€™re saying theyā€™re no good and the Great Man has an easy draw.

Flip flop. Flip flop.

Itā€™s bizarro logic.

Because some nobody wins a minor grass court tournament he is the future of tennis. But a guy who reaches a grand slam logic.

Crazy, nonsensical stuff from you as per usual.

Two weeks of aces are coming up now.

Kevin Anderson is a journey man. He made 1 quarter final in his first 34 Grand Slams before he made it to the final of the US Open last year at the age of 31, a tournament which was quite possibly the weakest field ever assembled for a Grand Slam in the Open era. Bizarre the way you keep bigging up Kevin Anderson.

And Coric has failed to make it past R3 of a slam yet.

You are some hypocrite. Iā€™m not bigging up Anderson Iā€™m just calling it laughable how you are saying Federer has a tough draw when the highest seed he can meet up to the QF is a guy you referred to as a bum.

Whatā€™s laughable is your bigging up of John Isner and Ivo Karlovic even after I pointed out the stark realities of their dreadful records at SW19.

Bigging up?

I said they are one dimensional big serving dinosaurs who play best on grass.

And I pointed out that you were wrong. Isnerā€™s worst Grand Slam is the Championship. He plays worst on grass. Karlovic has won most tournaments on hardcourts.

The hardcourt season lasts 4 times as long as the grass court season. Karlovic has a far bigger success ratio on grass. You really need to educate yourself on the tennis calendar.

It will be interesting to see if unseeded Andy Murray gets a preferential centre court slot ahead of no. 2 seed Rafa Nadal.

Sir Andy Murray has withdrawn from this yearā€™s championship.

I doubt it since Murray wonā€™t be playing Wimbledon this year.

Disappointing but playing the best of 5 sets with very little match play is a lot to ask. Best keep building up the match play and be ready for the US Open.

Correct decision. He was a shadow of his former self at Queens Club and Eastbourne. Itā€™s close to impossible for any player to come back to any kind of top form after such a long injury lay off.

Realistically Murray is looking at 2019. If he can get a full hard court season under his belt and put in a half decent showing at the US Open and finish out the last few end of season ATP with no injury concerns. He will be in a good place for next year heading into the Australian open.

I think he might never play again due to this debilitating injury.

If he doesnā€™t make the US Open then i will agree with you.

The day has finally arrived, The greatest Tennis Tournament of them all is about to kick off. Itā€™s going to be a great couple of weeks of tennis and the beautifully manicured lawns of SW19 and if Giraffe/Dinosaur wins then so be it, as long as they donā€™t pick their arse after every point.

1 Like

Proceedings under way in the greatest tennis tournament of them all. The Great Man has just moved into a two set lead as he starts the defence of his crown on Centre Court. A few seeds have already advanced to the next round - Cilic (3), Querry (11), Pouille (17) and Kohlschreiber (25).

First upset has just happened US Open Champion Sloane Stephens has been knocked out by Donna Vekic.