The Anti-Rugby Football Thread

rugby needs players to wear helmets, maybe NFL needs them not to wear helmets so they don’t go head first into challenges. Ice hockey has been through the acquired brain injury epidemic, but that came from fights, the game can exist without them and the era of fighting is nearly over. The problem rugby has is the injuries come from the playing of the game, so its unsustainable as a sport.

This will become the future

Helmets have no effect on the brain injuries, bud so no point bringing them into Rugby. The problem is, as TUM has pointed out, is that these cunts are getting bigger and bigger and you have 20 year old club centres and wingers now who are bigger and heavier than international second rows were 20 years ago. And they are all “looking for contact” which is just trying to run through people. So you have 17 stone bags of muscle hurtling themselves at each other at speed and the consequences is inevitably going to be serious injury. It is not just damaging for the players involved but it is ruining the game as a spectacle as well.

Sexton’s problem is he tackles with his head. He would be extremely foolish to continue playing given the rumoured problems he is having at the moment if they are true.

1 Like

Tackles with his head… there you go, pal…that’s the crux of it… no coaching anymore, just get big and hit lads.

It’s not like it was in our day, pal. Jumpers for goalsposts, look for space, pass and move to the Liverpool groove.

These cunts don’t know they were born.

1 Like

What a guy!!

1 Like

What rumours? franno was hinting tonight of sexton having all the standard serial concussion symptoms which includes luckily enough for him and his pr people… depression.

Read hooks recent article. Whatever you think of him he is a rugby man. Its well serious at this stage

There’s plenty of competent people talking about concussion, Hook isn’t one of them.

1 Like

So after playing, coaching the sport and watching all his adult life he doesn’t have a clue? He has his moments tbf but he is well versed in all thing rugby. Anyway, its a serious issue which is the main point. And the crash bang shit we see here exasperates the problem. The point he mentions about sextons tackling style is also very valid. Why was this not coached outa him?

Professionalism is the answer.
Young kids are taught to tackle bigger opponents low around their feet.

Teenage or academy players are taught to get physically bigger.

It is something I noticed in the wc especially. A chance to catch a runner low when there is still cover but the nowadays big back brushes it off and try. Ireland were battered by the time they were out of the group and its fucking mad. Having our best back and one of the best fly halves in the world putting his game on the line from simply shit basic tackling is madness. I played the game when very young until I was about 13 and really I remember you would go low without even thinking about it

hun cunt

1 Like

Didn’t hear a peep out of George until everyone else got on the bandwagon.

Plenty of people in rugby are concerned about concussions. Of course it’s concerning but the armchair medics.:rollseyes:

Does it not concern you?

Of course, but I’ll leave it to the medics on the sidelines

So its ok for others to be concerned.

The docs passed him

So you think everything is fine.

What’s everything? I was talking about your posts and others on this occasion. Question the medics away, you know better.