The Ashes 2013 - Part I

If england get to 350 they will be happy.

Bresnan out first ball

Broad and Swann battering the Aussies now, 357/9

361 all out

361 all out

All out for 361. Useful 48 for last wicket. Mind you it really looks a good batting track. Australia should be looking to post 500.

Australia in trouble on 69/4.

Bizarre use of the review system again.

Was watching during my lunch break when Watson was clearly trapped LBW but wasted a review anyway.

After their lunch break, Rogers missed a rank full toss by Swann but didn’t review the LBW call. He was probably affected by Watson wasting the first one but it turned out the ball was missing leg stump.

Phil Hughes then nicked one behind and wasted their last review.

Embarrassing stuff from them.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 803764, member: 9”]Bizarre use of the review system again.

Was watching during my lunch break when Watson was clearly trapped LBW but wasted a review anyway.

After their lunch break, Rogers missed a rank full toss by Swann but didn’t review the LBW call. He was probably affected by Watson wasting the first one but it turned out the ball was missing leg stump.

Phil Hughes then nicked one behind and wasted their last review.

Embarrassing stuff from them.[/quote]

Are Rocko[/USER] and [USER=6]briantinnion that boring that you were watching cricket while you were dining together?

Or are you that rude?

[quote=“Horsebox, post: 803767, member: 1537”]Are Rocko[/USER] and [USER=6]briantinnion that boring that you were watching cricket while you were dining together?

Or are you that rude?[/quote]

FFS sake. Elite business executives like us multi-task. We eat, watch the cricket, talk, check phone and email messages and drink coffee.

Sounds like the friendship is going stale mate and ye have nothing more to say to each other. I’ve been there before-best off ditching them before they start resenting/despising you if that hasn’t already happened.

Australia are 6 down with Smith and Clarke gone and 3 wickets for Swann. Fairly shambolic stuff from them.

Australia’s brittle top order has been utterly decimated again. 96-7 now. 65 runs still needed to avoid the follow on.

Australia 128 all out and will follow on

Captain Cook has decided not to enforce the follow on. Wise enough decision. This should still be a good batting pitch tomorrow and into Sunday. Just bat them out of the game by tea time tomorrow and pick up a few wickets before stumps.

Harris will probably injure himself bowling so soon again too.

Root is fairly scratchy here. An edge went between keeper and first slip for 4. Would have expected Haddin to dive for it. Then a huge LBW appeal from a Harris delivery that they didn’t review but was very close.

3 wickets for Siddle! Bowled Cook and Trott and a really loose shot by Pietersen there. Root was nearly caught earlier in the over too. 30-3, a lead of 263. Pretty inept by England here too.

Australia bowlers doing well again. 30-3. Their attack is not bad at all. Its their batting line up that’s the problem.

31-3 at stumps with Bresnan, as nightwatchman, joining Root at the crease. Root reminds me of Phil Hughes in 2009. All over the place.