The Ashes 2013 - Part I

They will in my bollocks. They’re a shit team who can’t bat for shit.

All this guff I’m reading about England being poor. They’re playing to whats being put in front of them. Does anyone really think that if Australia were better, England wouldn’t be able to step up a few notches? They’d do it with ease.

I also think Australia have a smashing chance of winning the series in the winter.

How can you piss in the corner of a round stadium?

England had the Ashes all but wrapped up in the first two tests and took the foot off the pedal after that. Australia used to do something similar back in the 90s. England wins at Adelaide in 95 and Melbourne in 98 immediately springing to mind.

Aussies will fancy it in Perth,made for the quicks. First test in Brisbane will be key. It will be close enough but I think there is a lot of improvement possible in E&W over what we have seen this summer.

I think people are overstating the possible improvement in England a little, I think there’s a hint of decline about them. Cook (assuming the captaincy hasn’t started to weigh on his batting, which is very possible) and probably Pietersen will score more over there, I wouldn’t be as sure of anyone else. Don’t think Trott has the long innings in him anymore. Bell is unlikely to continue in this vein of form. Root will come good at the top of the order at some stage I’m sure, not necessarily this series though. They have a problem at six. More worryingly though, I think their attack could struggle a bit out there. They were quite poor in New Zealand earlier in the year, in conditions that were probably more helpful in the round than they’ll find in Australia (Perth excepted). Swann for Monty will be a considerable improvement on that attack though.

Will be in the north of England later on this week and was suggested to go to Durham for the 20/20 game on Saturday between Eng and Oz. know fook all about cricket. Yay or nay??

should be a good day out. go for it.

I’d go for it anyway. Even if you’re not into it at all it would be a good laugh. Plenty of drinking, good atmosphere, only lasts three hours.

Cheers lads. Sold!

Very picturesque ground too @dancarter. Has Lumley Castle as its backdrop.