The ask Bandage about mortgages thread

I think the salient phrase there is ā€œuncompetitive ratesā€. Iā€™d imagine this loophole has been well backfilled now.

Iā€™d do a ten year fix if it were me.

KBC have a 5 year fixed at 2.65%

Theyā€™re also a collective group of simpletons

5 Likes

Think UB are letting people on fixed pay back portion of outstanding balance. Maybe up to 10%?

You can pay off up to 10% at any time with KBC too. @cluaindiuic we went with them for our mortgage, fixed into that 5 year since October. What trouble have you had with them? Our solicitor told us that she found them very pernickety during the process of buying the property

Nah Iā€™m only two years into a three year fixed. So rates only slightly better. Still though every little helps and only 33 more years to go :joy:

:confounded:

Thats a great deal if there is no chance you will want to move house or anything in the meantime

I donā€™t know how ye do it, in fairness

6 Likes

Masters of finance.

This is the story unless you have a bit of cash. Building your own instead of being a dope like myself and buy buy buy. Iā€™m sickened

Price of buying plot & Building ainā€™t much cheaper, pal.

Maybe man. Timing of when you bought has a big baring though

Its not cheaper at all

I had money in the account ( good Deposit ) to buy when prices were low but the stress test fucked me.

I hear you man. We put 40k up and are stuck in a rut.

Iā€™m happy with my gaff tbh, itā€™s the debt that hurts.

Fair play man. Iā€™m not and inability to move irks me sometimes. I should start dealing drugs

It all resolves itself around the time you you qualify for the OAP.
You gotta hang in there until then unless Apple hits a gold streak.

2 Likes