The ask Bandage about mortgages thread

Ah man itā€™s handy money for the most part. A grand to act as a facilitator basically. Youā€™ve to do all the work yourself. They request a few forms off the internet and thatā€™s it. Iā€™m sure when itā€™s complicated itā€™s not fun, but for a house in the city thatā€™s been sold already itā€™s money for jam. I have to say our solicitor was spot on and we got it closed in six weeks. But that was me chasing everything constantly. The auctioneer, the solicitor and the bank. It was a second property for them and we were first time buyers with mortgage approved etc. So everyone wanted it closed ASAP. The house had been sold already which makes it easier, in terms of deeds etc were all properly done, and still it was six weeks of torture. We had to be out of the rental and only for that weā€™d have been 3 months, for no reason, only laziness on everyoneā€™s part

1 Like

It isnā€™t really nowadays. they are cleaning up so much shit and poor practise from the past 20 years

Itā€™s not laziness. Professional service providers are busy people as you well know.

Are there legal fees when getting a mortgage top-up? Wondering if switching is worth the hassle.

I wonder could Avant shake up the mortgage marketā€¦

A mortgage for under 2%.I like the sound of that

1 Like

House prices seem to be stiffening at the moment, canā€™t see any value currently regardless of Covid19.

Mortgage applications never been higher Iā€™m told.

Article says otherwise

Not in my area.

Good to see Dublin prices dropping, needed to happen.

@Bandage Im looking to buy early next year. What multiple of salary should I expect? Iā€™m being told that thereā€™s a reasonable chance of getting a factor of 4 early in the year.

Where you looking to buy? Fingal I assume

if you need assistance on bike routes or your nearest jump boots shop im your man

4 Likes

Duly noted, pal.

1 Like

Donā€™t be trying to borrow as much as theyā€™ll let you mate. Borrow as much as you can comfortably afford. Especially since we are heading into an economic shit storm

Between rent and savings my outgoings are comfortably more than what a x4 mortgage repayment would be and Iā€™m comfortable enough now. But youā€™re right on the shitstorm though.

I remember in ohh 13 I went into AIB for a mortgage and was offered X3 times what I wanted,despite telling them exactly what I wanted.Theyā€™re like drug dealers the cunts.

@Bandage please advise those of us with a mortgage with Ulster Bank. Should I be looking to switch?

Wait and see sure. They might make you a nice offer to move. Itā€™s their problem really not yours. Iā€™d imagine theyā€™ll sell the book to someone

1 Like

Itā€™s just dawned on me that I have a mortgage with Ulster Bank. Let me think about this and get back to you by Friday at noon.

@Tim_Riggins, @briantinnion, @glasagusban, @TreatyStones, @TheUlteriorMotive - if one has a mortgage with Ulster Bank, should one be looking to move to a different provider given the mooted closure of the Bank?

6 Likes

Definitely not.
Hold tough. Thereā€™s always a chance that some crowd might buy the book at a discount. Then look to sell the mortgage back to the owner for less than the value to make a quick profit.

Similar to what the likes of Pepper etc did after the crash.

4 Likes