The Azzurri tonight

Face a tricky tie away to Slovenia tonight.

Post your Azzurri XI for the game tonight.

[center]Buffon

Maggio Bonucci Chiellini Criscito

Marchisio Aquilani Motta

Cassano Rossi

Pazzini
[/center]

2-0 to the magnificent cooks. Also on ITV4 for anybody interested in watching.

Do you think De Rossi will sign a new contract or will he be off to Manchester Reds in the summer, Mr Totti?

I can’t ever see Daniele leaving mate. His ties with the eternal city are eternal.

fuck off - no one gives a fuck about manchester you english prick

this thread is about the old country

I concur with tottis 11

Forza Italia

I don’t particularly have a quibble with Totti’s selection either.

A disgusting and totally unprovoked attack from the Italian there :o :frowning:

Also, Aquilani must be playing well with Juventus to be getting his game for the Azzurri. Good to see.

I have a feeling Chiellini may line out at left back with Ranocchia in the middle of defence, this happend in the last friendly. Really surprised Abate was not included in this squad as he’s turned into a fine full back this campaign and is a much better option than Santon who is in the squad. Anyone know if Cassani is injured?

Saddened to see tha Azzurri line out with a defence that can only be described as ‘meh’

Gone are the days when they churned out world class defenders at will.

Only Brazil possess a better defence in international football.

Is that a stat or your opinion? If it is a stat how is it worked out? If it is your opinion FOAD.

It is my acquired opinion.

Forza Italia you cunt.

You seem to think I have an anti-italian agenda, I can assure you I do not. It just saddens me to see a once great force so weak at the moment. You moose knuckle.

Surprised that neither Ilicic or Bacinovic are in the Slovenia starting XI - both on the bench.

Prandelli’s Italy plays such a beautiful languid style of football.

A joy to watch.

Ah lovely.

1-0 Motta. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rossi on for Cassano now.

How should we line up for Estonia lads?

This is the squad that was named by Prandelli.

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Salvatore Sirigu (Palermo), Emiliano Viviano (Bologna)

Defenders: Davide Astori (Cagliari), Federico Balzaretti (Palermo), Mattia Cassani (Palermo), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Domenico Criscito (Genoa), Alessandro Gamberini (Fiorentina), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Andrea Ranocchia (Inter Milan)

Midfielders: Alberto Aquilani (Juventus), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Inter), Antonio Nocerino (Palermo), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Andrea Pirlo (AC Milan);

Forwards: Mario Balotelli (Manchester City), Antonio Cassano (Milan), Alberto Gilardino (Fiorentina), Sebastian Giovinco (Parma), Alessandro Matri (Juventus), Giampaolo Pazzini (Inter), Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal)

Very disappointed there was no place for Abate who has been the best full back in Serie A by some way this season. I take it Bonucci has been left out due to being out of the Juve side in recent weeks. He’s been very solid anytime he has pulled the national shirt on but I guess Prandelli wants his defenders featuring regularly.

Motta and Balotelli have since been ruled out of the Estonia and Ireland games.

Team I would like to see face Estonia would be:

[center]Buffon

Maggio Ranocchia Chiellini Criscito

Aquilani Nocerino Montolivo

Pirlo

Pazzini Rossi[/center]

I do suspect that Prandelli will go with Balzaretti at left back and Palombo in midfield in place of Nocerino.

What does it matter?
Ye probably have the match fixed anyways.

Totti, what do you make of Sirigu? He was linked with Celtic the other day?