The Azzurri tonight

Good shot stopper but Iā€™d rather a more imposing keeper in goal for us. Was there any fee mentioned?

Didnā€™t see a fee mentioned. It just mentioned contract talks with Palermo and stated there had been interest from elsewhere in Italy and Celtic.

Cassano and Rossi start up front for Italy with a very attack minded midfield behind them.

We play Portugal in the u-20 Toulon tournament now - live on Eurosport.

Tonights starting XI.

Buffon; Maggio, Ranocchia, Chiellini, Balzaretti; Montolivo, Pirlo, Marchisio, Aquilani; Cassano, Rossi.

I would have preferred either Matri or Pazzini up front with either Rossi or Cassano as it gives a more balanced attack.

Is this on any of the satellite stations, Totti? I think ESPN are showing Germany.

Afraid not mate, which is disappointing as ITV4 showed their last qualifier against Slovenia.

I will have a search round for a good stream and post one up if my search is fruitful.

Nice one. Appreciate it mate.

http://veetlesportshd.blogspot.com/2011/06/channel-4.html

I must now stand up for Fratelli dā€™Italia.

This is fantasy football.

1-0, Rossi.

Aquilani has picked up a head knock as it looks like Nocerino will come into the fray.

2-0.

Wonderful strength and a clinical finish by Cassano.

This football is beautiful. :clap:

Pazzini (on for Cassano) makes it 3-0.

:clap:

The squad has been announced for the forthcoming Spain friendly.

Italy squad in full:
Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli) Sirigu (Paris Saint-Germain);
Defenders: Balzaretti (Palermo), Bonucci (Juventus) Cassani (Palermo), Chiellini (Juventus), Criscito (Zenit St. Petersburg), Maggio (Napoli), Ogbonna (Torino), Ranocchia (Inter);
Midfielders: Aquilani (Liverpool), De Rossi (Roma), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Inter), Nocerino (Palermo), Palombo (Sampdoria), Pirlo (Juventus);
Forwards: Balotelli (Manchester City), Cassano (Milan), Giovinco (Parma), Pazzini (Inter), Rossi (Villarreal).

A very strong squad, Palombo is the only player that I donā€™t think deserves to be there. Disappointed to see Abate is overlooked once again. Matri is another surprise exclusion.

What has become of David Santon these days Totti

Abate was a player athe beginning of last year that I didnā€™t rate too highly but he went fro strength to strength lasy year and is developing into an excellent right back

Santon played against Celtic at the weekend. Injury problems over the past while, I believe, but Totti will confirm as TFKā€™s premier Italian football expert.

Injuries, lack of form and confidence have really impacted on Santon, Inter have an array of really good full back options - Zanetti, Maicon, Chivu, Nagatomo & Jonathon - so it will be difficult for him to break into the team this year. I think a move away from the San Siro will help reinvigorate him, heā€™d be a great buy for Roma.

On Abate, in the Euro U-21ā€™s championship in 2009, Santon was called up to the senior squad, Motta captained the side, De Silvestri missed out with injury and Abate made some fleeting appearances as the winger. All 3 would have been deemed to be much bigger prospects than Abate who was considered a middle of the road winger. Abate has since gone on to establish himself as the best full back in Serie A last season. While the other 3 have seen their careers stall significantly. 2 years ago Iā€™d have said Motta would be nailed on to be Italyā€™s starting right back, his collapse has been the most disappointing of all, IMO.

Disappointed to see Thiago has been called up to Spain squad, hopefully he will see some sense and pledge his international future to Italy.

Team tonight is:
[center]Buffon[/center][center]Maggio Ranocchia Bonucci Criscito[/center][center]De Rossi Pirlo Motta[/center][center]Montolivo[/center][center]Cassano Rossi[/center][center]
Disappointed to see Cassano preferred to Pazzini. Suprised Chiellini doesnā€™t start.

You can watch here - http://veetlesportshd2.blogspot.com/2011/08/channel-4.html[/center]

Totti,
what the clubs and ages of back four please?[/center]