The Azzurri tonight

Alexi Lalas is a knob.

Chiellini has replaced Criscito at half time with Ogbonna reverting to left back. Montolivo has replaced Nocerino with Motta dropping deeper and Montolivo taking the advanced role.

We keep getting caught offside, really frustrating.

Clint Dempsey has given the stars and stripes the lead with their first half chance of the game.

Pazzini for Motta.

And a debut for young Fabio Borini who replaces Matri. :clap:

The American full backs have sat in tonight which has proven problematic for our full backs to get in behind the American defence.

Abate and De Rossi getting ready to come on.

Maggio off for Abate and De Rossi replaces Marchisio who was extremely disappointing tonight.

Borini denied by a wonderful block from Spector while moments before Bocanegra made a vital interception as Pazzini was set for a tap in after Abate squared the ball across the goal.

Abate has done more in his 5-10 minutes on the pitch than Maggio did all game.

The US are treating this like a world cup final here, backs to the wall and throwing their bodies on the line every time. I think Michael Bradley is an excellent player, his tactical reading of the game is outstanding.

A subdued performance. We looked a little dead in midfield, the US had one half chance in the game and took it. Good performances were pretty scarce, we were solid in defence, our full backs with the exception of Abate offered nothing in attack. Midfield, apart from Pirlo we looked devoid of ideas - we need Totti back, we lack that no. 10 player. Tonight was an example of how we struggle against organised sides who get men behind the ball, we are much more comfortable against better sides who we can counter attack.

Barzagli, Abate, Ogbonna and Borini did their cases no harm. The stalwarts like Pirlo and Buffon were the usual selves, the rest didn’t impress tonight. I think most of the places in the squad are confirmed anyway - there are a few question marks up front and I think Bonucci and Ranocchia will battle it out for the last defensive position. The midfield is sorted, the players selected in this squad will all go. Attack is intersting, Balotelli will go if he’s fit and behaves himself, Rossi will go if he can get himself back to full fitness - apart from that it’s anyone’s guess.

Hope the durty Iti’s keep this form up , should make qualification handy for us.

:rolleyes:

USA USA USA :guns: :guns:

Mac’s inferiority complex shining through.

Not at all Totti, just happy for my American brethern. No surprise Flano and Tinnion haven’t appeared yet this evening. A great day for all of TFK’s Americans :clap:

So ye lost then?

Wonderful news guys.

Allegri has said he is hopeful Cassano will return before the end of the season and be available for Euro 2012. :clap: :clap:

Further good news has emerged with Giuseppe Rossi due to return in April. :clap:

Antonio Cassano will undergo medical tests on Monday and could be cleared to play in matches again. He resumed full training yesterday. :clap: