The Barclays Premier League 2015/16™

I’d rather fans that actually cared about their 5000/1 shot team winning the league rather than a load of auld wans using clappers to make noise

What kind of freak doesn’t want to see a pitch invasion?

Insurance company officials. I believe they result in a lot of personal injury claims.

1 Like

That’s not a surprise because every post you make backs up your utter joyless soul.

1 Like

I thought this forum had moved on from encouraging such dangerous, bog-like behaviour?
At least, that was what was all the rage on here when the GGA were banning pitch invasions.

I like a good pitch invasion.

The Leicester City fans are the joyless ones, remaining calmly in their seats as their team wins the league for the first time ever. There were bigger celebrations at Middlesbrough to go up to the Premier League than there was at Leicester

Aye, they should have ran out onto the pitch like giant roasters, much like the GAA crowd too. Completely insensitive to the players. The GAA has shown that pitch invasions are a thing of the past and thankfully so.

Were they a thing of the past when Man City fans invaded the pitch after winning the league a few years ago?

A few years ago is in the past, pal.

3 Likes

Man City don’t play GAA pal.

The GAA have shown that even roasters can have manners put on them, and as a result the players can enjoy the celebrations without some yahoos coming up and thumping them on the back like it’ll mean the world to the player to have some mong’s handprint on his back for days after.

Yes they don’t play GAA but as we’re in the Premier League thread and talking about Leicester City I’d say it’s pretty relevant

Leicester didn’t win the league on the pitch last Saturday night though. They had 5 days of celebrations and revelry in the city and the fact that they were champions had already sunk in. If the win against Everton had actually secured the title just like City’s win against QPR a few years back and Middlesbrough’s draw at the weekend which guaranteed promotion they probably would have as it would have been a spontaneous outpouring of elation.

5 Likes

I said the GAA made them a thing of the past, and showed how easily it can be done.

The Man City invasion was over in seconds. It shamed the BPL and the Club, but I’m sure they’re all sorry for their behaviour regardless and somehow the occasion wasn’t totally marred.

So is yesterday.

I dont know why you think they would invade the pitch though. They didnt win it at that game, the fans went to the game for a pre planned party. If they needed to win that game ot win, I’d say there would be a good chance of a pitch invasion, as they did when they won promotion in 2014 by a series of results going their way on the final day of the season.

If you go to a game knowing there will be a pre planned party and trophy presentation, the enthusiasm to invade will massively decrease. Is there any time where fans have invaded at the end of a game where they had already known they had won the league before the game started?

edit: shouldnt have stopped writing half way through, @Big_Dan_Campbell got there first with the same point.

It wasn’t over in seconds. I also forgot that it was both times they win the league they invaded the pitch, fair play to them.

It was a 5000/1 shot, most of them will probably never see them win the league again and the atmosphere after the game was anticlimactic.

Plus any set of fans who need clappers to create an atmosphere are utter shit in my opinion

Man City have won the league 4 times.

Did they invade the pitch the other two times as well?

God I hope not. But I just wanted to inform you that there was football before the BPL. You seemed to have forgotten there.