The Barclays Premier League 2015/16™

Stones is like a woman in that he lacks basic spatial awareness.

2 Likes

At the half way point of the season, Spurs had played each of the 19 sides once and picked up 35 points. You seem to have downgraded the 70 point total from 70 to 68 on the basis that they got a draw at Goodison Park today (one of the most difficult away day assignments of the season) in their first game of the second half of the season.

Spurs lost their first game of the season at Old Trafford and indeed only picked up 3 points in their first 4 games. Presumably using your mathematical formula (which doesn’t appear to factor in the degree of difficulty of opponent) you were projecting Spurs to finish with 28 points, four games into the season?

Your assertion that Spurs points total (be it 35 after 19 games or 36 after 20 games) in any other season would already have them out of the race for top 4 is utter nonsense as the league tables I have cited for each of the last 14 seasons conclusively demonstrate.

Rooney has Manchester United 1-0 up at Newcastle from the penalty spot. Fellaini headed a corner and some chap I’ve never heard of was backing in towards him with his arm outstretched and the header hit his hand from a yard away. The referee gave the penalty but it was harsh enough.

Irish internationalist Harry Arter has scored for Bournemouth at home to West Ham.

Bournemouth pegging some money about at the minute.

I thought it was the wrong call on first viewing but watching it again it was the right call. You can’t just kept your hands up in the box like that. Fellaini has been booked for committing his 4th foul in 25 minutes. Rooney and some Newcastle player have both just missed good chances. Decent game so far.

1 Like

Ian Darke , Glenn Hoddle and Sav on commentary. It’s not great.

Perez being that Newcastle player.

Agreed otherwise though.

Newcastle robbed there for a penalty.

Fellaini is a model to be sent off. Newcastle being ripped off here.

Are you sure? Seemed more tanned than Pere. Definitely penalty for Newcastle there alright.

Martial marooned out on the right wing. Too one dimensional to be effective out there. He’d have buried that chance Rooney put wide.

As I quipped a few weeks ago to a very unimpressed audience; Fellaini, his second touch is a yellow card.:grinning:

1 Like

United rampant!

2-0 United. Good goal from Langar.

Rooney is some player still for 35.

Definitely Wijnaldom on reflection pal.

Newcastle have had few chances, some strike there from Coloccini.

2-1 now

2-1

Winajdom, Fellaini with the assist.

Two good goals for 0-2 and 1-2.

The slow race between Rooney and Coloccini was hilarious. I don’t like Rob Elliott as a keeper - his starting position should have been out on the edge of his box and he should have been out to get that ball before Rooney jogged onto it. He’s fat too.

Thought that myself, pal. The pass through was over hit and I assumed the keeper would be out to boot it clear. But not to be.