The Battle For Anglo Celt Cup

Don’t have a huge interest in GAA/GGA but this is rightly called the toughest trophy to win. Tyrone and Derry meet today. Should be a good match.

Nice bit of Ulster grit in this.

Fuck McGuckian.

Fuck Derry, imploding shower of cunts.

Cavan vs Antrim must be the most unusual of semi finals in the last 40 or 50 years or so.

:smiley:

Tyrone, Armagh, Derry and Monaghan on one side of the draw

Cavan, Antrim, Fermanagh, Donegal and Down on the other.

Ever so slightly lobsided.

Jesus the Ulster football championship is awful to watch. Now Im not a big football fan but fuck me, watching most of the games in Ulster is akin to torture.
To call Ulster football dour would be an understatement. I think the Ulster provincial championship should be abolished and each of the other provinces take in three Ulster teams.
Think of the children.

[quote=“Piles Hussain”]Jesus the Ulster football championship is awful to watch. Now Im not a big football fan but fuck me, watching most of the games in Ulster is akin to torture.
To call Ulster football dour would be an understatement. I think the Ulster provincial championship should be abolished and each of the other provinces take in three Ulster teams.
Think of the children.[/QUOTE]

What ignorance. Rest of provinces should be invited to join Ulster Championship if anything though I’d doubt any county would get very far.

Fair enough. Anything to ensure as few all-Ulster clashes as possible.

The all Ulster clashes would just happen later in the year as Ulster sides would be victorious.

:clap:

Goddammit:eek:

Ulsters shame…

Wednesday June 24 2009

James Kielt has still not heard from former Derry team-mate James Conway, who is under suspension for two months as a result of an incident in a club game that left Kilrea clubman Kielt with a fractured jaw.

Kielt wasn’t making any issue of the Ballinderry clubman’s silence in Dublin yesterday in his role as county ambassador for the VHI Cul camps. The 20-year-old AFL target missed the Ulster SFC semi-final over the weekend because of the injury, while Conway has been dropped from the Derry squad by manager Damian Cassidy.

Ballinderry have been hit hard by the Derry County Board over the incident, with two leading officials given six-month suspensions for the club’s failure to co-operate in supplying the name of the player responsible for the incident with Kielt.

Kielt is keen to downplay the incident and suggested that the impact of what happened didn’t affect the Derry team’s preparations. But some hurt is still apparent.

“It went over the top,” he said of the controversy in an effort to put it behind him. "It was a bad incident, it happened. The way things were written in the paper, on websites or whatever, it just went way over the top.

“I don’t think it affected the Derry players too much. We just got back to training on the Tuesday night after that incident, he (Conway) was dropped from the panel, I don’t think it had any bearing on training or on the heads of the players.”

Ironically, the injury took Kielt to the very building in Belfast where he is immersed in studies to become a dentist.

"I was in the Royal (Hospital) and they sent me over to the school of dentistry. That’s where I am, that’s my home. I had an exam the week before and one of the questions was about a broken jaw!

“It was actually a good break, a clean break, the bone didn’t move which was a good thing, it was why I didn’t need any wire. It has come on a lot. The last week or two it has come on well. For the first week or two I was sucking Weetabix through a straw, I was hardly able to talk,” he recounted.

Kielt said the rumours in circulation last week that he could be ready for the Tyrone game weren’t true and that he was still only "hopeful"of being right for the second-round qualifier on July 11.