The Best Comedians Thread

Just our from Bill Bailey in the Olympia. The man is a stone cold comedy genius. Feel free to post fond memories, gig updates etc of your favourite comedians here…

1 Like

Bill Bailey is about as funny as a fire in an orphanage.

13 Likes

Fucking hell, man.

Bill Bailey is a mutant looking cunt. Get a haircut hippie.

Bill is not a nice man. Shame on you.

1 Like

Bill is a comedy legend. Best stand up I have seen in an age.

1 Like

Steve Hughes at the Sugar Club, supported by Reginald D. Hunter, was an excellent gig. I think it was 2012. Hughes is like a modern day George Carlin.

https://youtu.be/ohogzxiqqkM

Stewart Lee is the best I’ve ever seen. Easily.

7 Likes

Stewart lee is top class, you either get him or you don’t though. There’s a sound only thing on YouTube of a show he did telling the story of the crucifixion from judas point of view and it’s as clever a bit of comedy as you’ll ever hear

Was the show UK centric? I saw him in England a few years ago and he was unreal. Thinking of going to his show at the weekend, there’s still tickets online.

Stewart Lee is the best though IMO. I like Bailey too though. And of course Frankie Boyle.

Tommy Tiernan about ten years ago. He’d some great stuff on travellers and drugs in the olympics.

He had a decent mix of material. From enda Kenny to heavy metal to apple to the north pole and all other manner of topics. You should go you won’t regret it buddy.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir8Vv9c00xA

I hope someone stabs her to death.

I presume you mean Alison O Reilly?

Especially that whore O’Reilly.

Based on my theory that the amount of advance publicity a show gets is inversely proportional to ticket sales I would say that someone is going to lose their shirt on this one.

1 Like

Yeah was going to post the same. Don’t listen to much radio but every time I do, I hear that annoying ad for this.

In hindsight always a risky show to put on. Can’t see ireland being full of die hard Steve Martin fans. Assume ticket prices are high too

Also sounds like Steve is spoofing about his previous visits to Ireland. Bad form

Did this go ahead?