@balbec clamped himself thread

Ross Munnelly in Portlaoise. Ross was with his partner and their daughter, and was stocking up on supplies for the O Moore Park double header. Ross showed no ill effects from his Intermediate final defeat Friday night.

Top quality spot and detail :ok_hand:

Arles-Kilcruise are some club to still be competing so strong to return to senior. Ross Munnelly and David Conway still running the show I’d say. What’s the age profile of the team like at this stage? Chris Conway still togging?

That’s harsh. He mightn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he was a great keeper. One of the few to come out of those old GAA matches with reputation enhanced. I met him a few times and he seemed grand

1 Like

Saw Peter O’Mahony earlier when I was out jogging. He was in his Land Rover with his wife and kids leaving their house. Saw said Land Rover parked illegally across from the Marina Market.

Calling @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

Munster Rugby are cagers

3 Likes

Are these Munster rugby jocks faux English upper class landowner wannabes? You’d never see a docker driving one in the lanes of Limerick.

Who: Brian O’ Driscoll (and Amy Hubernan)
Where: The junction of Beechwood and Palmerston Rd, Dublin 6
When: 7.40 last evening
With who: BOD was wheeling a small person carrier that looked more pram than buggy 10 paces ahead of smaller kids, his wife, and one set of their parents I’d imagine.
Reading of the situation: O’Driscoll seemed in a hurry in the dusk and possibly had enough of a family lunch/dinner as he bombed ahead with the youngest of the party. His attire was similar to the lads in Cherry Orchard from last week but probably cost a bit more.

2 Likes

The intermediate was wake enough this year, Cretty should have beaten Kilcruise but Evan O Carroll didn’t start because of a broken hand. Ross and Davy are the main men alright, Davy is in shite but still at it, in that admirable Kilcruise manner. Chris is in shite, both knees fucked. Hasn’t kicked a ball in 2 years.

1 Like

Who: Joe Canning

Where: Walking into SuperValu Castletroy while I waited patiently in the queue for Hook and Ladder.

When: 11:45 am today

Summary: Joe was looking very athletic and in good enough condition that he could still tog out for the Galway senior hurlers. He was sporting a hoodie and jeans combo. I was the only person in the queue who recognised him and he noticed he’d been spotted when he glanced over at me. He instantly knew I was a roaster type who’d recognise him. He subsequently picked up a basket and proceeded towards his Sunday shop.

8 Likes

Joe loves limerick

This is a useful variation on the standard reporting template - also for celeb spotting.

1 Like

Who: Rory O’Carroll
Where: Sitting outside Freshii in the CHQ building IFSC
Wearing: Wine jumper, faded black jeans and black boots
When: 1:30 today
Famous for: Demolishing any tall full forward that came his way in the Mix for Six
Demeanour: Ready
Other Notes: Rory was in the company of two other chaps and they had empty salad bowls in front of them. Rory knows he has a big game Sunday and hasn’t let his nutrition off it’s guard by monstering a large curry, half rice, half chips in a nearby pub. While his colleagues slouched in their chairs, Rory sat upright on the edge of his seat with feet tucked in underneath. He looked primed for action Sunday and will surely let Aaron Byrne know all about if he heads off on a mazy solo run.

Based on this lunch sighting, you’d have to say advantage Crokes.

14 Likes

Fucks sake

2 Likes

Who: Aaron Gillane
Where: Ballyagran GAA Grounds, Co Limerick.
When: Sunday Oct 16th

Aaron was attending the Limerick Intermediate Camogie Final between Adare and Croagh/Kilfinny.

Wearing a smart navy sports jacket and white/light grey trackie bottoms, Aaron seemed at ease in female company as he huddled in front of the stand.

4 Likes

There’ll be a haype of teams ayting in Freshii this week

2 Likes

Who: David Clifford
When: now
Where: Palace bar, fleet st
With: Girlfriend and parents
Wearing: white T-shirt, tracksuit bottoms too small for him and white pumps
Other notes: Dave and family were relaxing before his inauguration as footballer of the year tonight ahead of Kilamcud Crokes Shane Walsh. Shane can thank his full back for not ploughing through Clifford after he caught his first mark in the final. Clifford is a big man and I’d say he’d be prone to putting on a bit of timber in future years.
He was on the sparkling water

22 Likes

Should Clifford not be doing a photoshoot with the Opel Car he wins for FOTY around about now?

Or maybe that was done this morning.

You’ve some life @Spidey . Great spot for a pint too.

2 Likes

A cathedral of porter.

Roy will surely be in for a chinwag soon.