The Cark Thread

Is ā€˜The Fish Wifeā€™ still banging around in the city? That was a nice chipper a few years back.

TĆ  for the offer. The other fella called it. Heā€™s mad to try KCā€™s.

Thereā€™s a place around the corner, 1 minute walk - that does very good sour dough pizza and beers - Palmentoā€¦ youā€™ll be atein the KCs out of the van.

1 Like

KCs is nationally renowned, not really my thing to be honest but youā€™d better let the chap try it out after he missing the Emperor of Japan last night, nobody wants to go to Douglas really

Nationally renowned because you Cark cunts harp on about it endlessly ā€¦ itā€™s woeful and most OOTs I speak to at our monthly meeting agree. You cunts wouldnt know a daycent bit of grub if it slapped you between your deviant eyes ā€¦

In saying that, I was in the Leaping Salmon last week and the pizza was top notch as was the prawns pil pil.

1 Like

Youā€™d have to try KCs once, itā€™s unique, not really my thing as I said, but I do like the flaming pig and the little Bombay chicken pies.

How did you end up in the Salmon, thatā€™d have been an old haunt of mine but Iā€™d be more likely to visit the Pier Head now if Iā€™m at home

I have a gathering every year on the 28th of Nov to celebrate the Kilmichael Ambush (cc @TreatyStones) - it was tinged with a bit of sadness this year after lasts weeks eventsā€¦ The food was top, top notch.

2 Likes

Ya, I let the day slide by without bumping it, wouldnā€™t have been right.

1 Like

An ye roaring about donkey fordes.

You couldnā€™t make it up

2 Likes

Donkeys is simple fish and chips - I dont think itā€™s ā€˜nationally renownedā€™ as @backinatracksuit likes to claim about KCs or that anyone roars about itā€¦ KCs is muck.

I wish @Juhniallio all the best thoā€¦

throw up the link to cctv there and we can all watch him queuing in the rain.

2 Likes

Iā€™m telling you now donā€™t go to KCā€™s. Itā€™s the most overrated shite Iā€™ve ever had.

I wouldnā€™t say KCā€™s is muck, but it isnā€™t worth going out of your way for. If you are in Douglas and stuck for a bit of chipper food itā€™s grand, only if the queue isnā€™t mental.

The van is parked directly outside KCā€™s right now! Weā€™ll be finished in Douglas about 4 o clock so itā€™s todayā€™s choice.
@anon61878697 thereā€™s a toy clearance sale for baby toys in the shopping centre if you want to stock up.

fill your boots

1 Like

We are short 2 for a kick about at 6pm in Rochestown? youā€™ll have digested the greasy food by then.

1 Like

Would love to mate but no dice. Canā€™t even run at the moment. Mortonā€™s something in my foot.

Weā€™re done so.

1 Like

Heading to Mayfield and Togher on Friday. Anywhere daycent to catch lunch within reach of the south ring, Dublin Road? Usually go to the place near the river in riverstown, the name of which escapes me.

Mortons nueroma, a cunt of a thing.

An overrated cunt of a place.

Main rule of any Chipper,
Cook nice chips.

It fails miserably on that front.