The Cark Thread

Just for you @Julio_Geordio

https://youtu.be/PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

I have indeed, I was pally with one of the Keohanes one time, is it still open?

I think so. He only opens odd hours. An hour or two around lunch time and again around supper time

They overdo mayo on everything.

They are very heavy on the mayo alright, but it is homemade in fairness

I’ve no idea what this fish burger thing is though, I’m always amazed that anybody would walk into KCs and order normal chipper food,

Yeah… Those Bombay things are nice and the cheese and potato pie is nice but those pita things are are just soggy with grease and mayo.

There was a time that those pittas were as exciting as it got for takeaway food in Cork, the original pitta menu with the creole, poultry and enchilada as well as a few others has been there since before pitta bread was even available in most supermarkets, those Bombay patties preceded the popularity of Indian food, it was a great spot when Pat the jehovah was lording it behind the counter with his eternal good humour, I had a job one time that involved smoking an awful lot of hash and we’d order half the menu for lunch, I liked it back then but I couldn’t face it now for the reasons you mention, I’d mangle a flaming pig alright though

1 Like

It’s the gas the way the locals recommend that the must do thing when visiting Cark is visit to a smelly chipper like kc’s or Lennox’s

6 Likes

Cork people are like that, they think anything different down there must only be a Cork thing, Cork invented take away Indian food now apparently. They’re a very very strange breed.

I find they are very clannish.

They’re always surrounded you see,

• water
  • sea
  • Protestants
  • Tipperary
  • Rivers
  • Cork Co Board
  • Sickos

Etc,etc,etc,

1 Like

The English market thing beggars belief. Basically an indoors Moore st selling shit that wouldn’t be out of place on an offal lorry with an obsequious obsession for the Queen.

4 Likes

Some bang of rotten meat in there

That fishmonger is authentic Cork.

Box office :grinning:
Usual suspects hopping like O’Flynn’s gourmet sausages in Jackie Lennox’s fryers.

2 Likes

I like Cork. A more agreeable place than Dublin or Galway.

3 Likes

I always have a good chuckle to myself listening to a Cork lad talking. I always do a little count down when I start to talk to them to see how long it takes them to drop it into the conversation that they’re from Cork. Usually under a minute. Weird bastards.

3 Likes

Most Dubs are settled Black and Tans sure. Bar the crusty types the Galway crowd are sound. Most of the Cork crowd have a strain of weird sexual deviancy in there somewhere. It’s awful strange. Think Graeme Dwyer, that type of character is very common down on Leeside.

1 Like

Galway crowd are very bitter - awful begrudging. Dubs are settled black and tans.

Cork folk are sound - at least on the south side. I couldnt tell you what it’s like on the other side of the river.

1 Like

I found there was a little strain of divilment missing from Galway folk. A more serene vibe than the characters you’d get in the other cities/large towns that masquerade as cities. Must be all the wacky backy up there. .