The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

Ooooofffffffftttttttt

1 Like

headshot

1 Like

That was a fairly cutting retort there mate. Is everything okay?

Sensational :clap:

I’ve played football against both of them.

1 Like

Ridiculous haircuts for men of their age.

6 Likes

If you had hair, what would your preferred style be?

13 Likes

SPOTS, well done.

1 Like

For fucks sake.

1 Like

Murphy’s haircut tells me he’s shooting Peaky Blinders around now

1 Like

Johnny Ward, amazingly realistic actor from such roles as kidnapper Ciaran from Fair City and gangster Pauly from Love/Hate in Gibneys beer garden Malahide.
Johnny was talking to former Ros na RĂșn actor
Aonghus Og McAnally, son of Aonghus and grandson of Ray.

They are both SPOTS mate, well done.

5 Likes

Who: Pat Bonner, former Celtic and Eire goalkeeper
Where: Just outside the doorway of Ward’s pub, Lower Salthill, Galway
When: circa 10pm, June 11th, 2017
Demeanour: standing

SPOT, well done.

1 Like

That’s fantastic spotting mate

Some non-celebrity spots.

Who: Ray Silke, former Galway footballer
Where: A gravelled area between the stand and the tall terrace, Pearse Stadium, Galway
When: 4:42pm, June 11th, 2017
Demeanour: Walking.
Any other business: He got into a minibus that was parked with its back to the side of the stand.

Who: John O’Mahony, former Galway, Mayo and Leitrim manager and former Fine Gael TD
Where: PJ’s pub, Salthill
When: Circa 7:30-7:45pm, June 11th, 2017
Demeanour: In conversation with me
Any other business: No

Who: Noel Durcan, former Mayo player
Where: Ward’s pub, Salthill
When: circa 9:30pm to 2am, June 11th/12th, 2017
Demeanour: in conversation with me
Any other business: No

Who: Keith Higgins, David Drake and Barry Solan, current Mayo players/fitness coach
Where: Ward’s pub, Salthill
When: circa 11pm to 2am, June 11th/12th, 2017
Demeanour: standing in a group
Any other business: Higgins had the face of a bold boy who had just been scolded. He was wearing a plain pale green t-shirt and ridiculous-looking white shoes.

Who: Ken Doherty
Where: Maxol Station, Templeogue
When: circa 1pm June 12th, 2017
Demeanour: Impatient
Any other business: The former Champion of the World was standing at the Deli (Abra/O’Briens/Bagel Factory) counter waiting on a sandwich to be delivered to him. He was already there when I arrived to collect my own, so I couldn’t tell what his order had been, but he stood stoically staring in the abyss until his food arrived and he high tailed it out of the store. He had a lovely demeanour however, and exuded no airs and graces that would suggest this man once bestrode his sport like a colossus.

This wasn’t our first encounter, as both Ken and I are acquainted from back in the day, when we would exchange pleasantries in Jason’s of Ranelagh when he stood in behind the counter for the owner on occasion. Ken always came across as a sound enough chap.

3 Likes

Spot, well done.

Fair play mate, I admire the appropriate time you have to adjudicating on that spot. Some might think 15 months is a long time to wait for an adjudication, but I’m sure @flattythehurdler appreciates the consideration given here.

That’s a shitty oul sangwich counter. Got a very disappointing and small turkey and brie one there in the lead up to Christmas last year for about €6.50. Never again says I.