The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

He fought hard against the opening of croke park in the early 00s to soccer/rugby.

Had a fair profile about it at times. Think he went to Michael Hogans grave the day it 1st opened up.

He did.

Was he checking to see if Michael was spinning?

1 Like

Sounds like a right ignorant cunt.

4 Likes

:smile:

1 Like

Attention seeker so

I spotted Tom Dunne in Woodies in Sallynoggin just before Christmas, he came across as a bit of a cunt. He was queuing behind me at the till and one of the items I was buying didn’t have a barcode on it so I offered to run down and get one with the barcode to assist the cashier. By the time I got back Dunne (the ignorant cunt) had shuffled his way past my kids who were waiting for me at the till to skip ahead of me and disrupt my transaction without a sorry, thank you or kiss my arse. I had to stand in no mans land for a few minutes while the impatient prick completed his purchase. I was livid.

1 Like

The seething here is top notch. a touch of the Michael Douglas (falling Down, not riding Zeta-Jones).

What a prick. Not your fault he never made it.

In Tom Dunnes version of this story, he was called forward by the cashier, while some touched lad from the country took an age to find the screwdriver with a barcode. Said lad from the country kept staring at him looking for an apology, but it wasn’t Toms fault that he had picked out a screwdriver without the barcode and he hot footed it out of there because yer man was getting a bit intense.

12 Likes

I will concede that the cashier is probably somewhat to blame too

Tom is the most alright of alright sorts, to be honest I’d have him up there with Creedon, this is as upsetting for me as the time that John revved the engine of his vintage merc in Killaloe and ploughed through @Locke’s bicycle gang sending them flying into the ditches.

3 Likes

Bono wouldn’t have to put up with queuing in Woodies.

2 Likes

Can we stop clogging the thread guys

1 Like

@Rocko, please give @thedancingbaby permission to delete posts

That’s a tremendous idea

1 Like

would you not have stood aside rather than delay him with your foostering. Tom is notoriously impatient as captured in The Patience Business

Been a long time, been a very long time
Been a very long time indeed
Here a long time it’s too long a time
My ears will start to bleed
Fran keeps me waiting here
Fran keeps me waiting here

Sitting on my hands to stop myself exploding (Yeah)
I can’t get used to this patience business (No)

The seconds grab the minutes say “Where are we being led”
I’m going to have to pinch myself, am I alive or dead
Don’t keep me waiting here
Don’t keep me waiting here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gMJm-m5ciWU

Ah you’re the cunt there

Cheers mate

A late contender for Post of the Year.

It strikes just the right tone of cyncism and curmudgeonliness.

1 Like