The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

Saw reference to the funeral being on yday gents

Not a spot regardless

@thedancingbaby feel free to apologise in your own time.

3 Likes

Scandalous that it hasnā€™t been given as well, might as well rename it the Robbie Keane in a pub in Malahide thread

Here, I see Veneer of Charm came in. No need for apologies @thedancingbaby

1 Like

No an apology is absolutely necessary and I hereby issue one mate.

FOAD

Thatā€™s decent of you.

Spot.

Shane Ryan is so famous in these parts I didnā€™t even need to mention he was a footballer.

who: former tipperary goalkeeper Brendan Cummins
where: Lannigans, kilkenny
scene: im in tow with the kids, the Mrs. , my esteemed sister in law, her young lad and her boyfriend and had just had a wonderful day taking in the surrounds of the city and adjoining castle, its cold approaching 5pm, kids are restless and the ladies are biting each others heads off so we head into an empty Lannigans for fare, its reasonably priced, the staff are attentive and provide what we need, ny steak sandwich is good, the food for the kids is cheerful, its christmas and we leave them off with some club orange and ice cream, i can see how this place could be a stag venue, etc at night but on a empty wednesday it did the jobā€¦
anyway, on a table sat accross from us is Mr.Cummins, his 2 kids and his Mrs. ( more on her later).
He is greeted by the waiter and they engage in conversation about the club scene, they speak of a trainer who apparantly made our waiter friend run up and down a hill 4 times as he was late for training one night, i was all ears now, Brendan commented that" yer man had his say at the AGM but id say there went many to listen to him",
all along, his Mrs. has a scowl on her face, she calls a class of white, Brendan athe kids cokes, now she looks like a women who has a vicious side to her, she was clealy the cat who caught the cream when he was in his heyday but you could see this type of incursion and conversation didnt sit easy with her.
Brendan looks exhausted, he buys his clothes in Pennys id imagine, our kids and his hit it off and were messing a bit, we exchanged pleasantries on the Virgil Van Dike transfer fee and the condition of the roads as it was cold now and left it at thatā€¦ the women faced offā€¦

14 Likes

Not a spot

2 Likes

Sunday Game panellist and Independant columnist? Iā€™d be giving it anyway.

Heā€™s not a celebrity though. Well not on my watch anyway

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t a spot for me either, youā€™re consistent, Iā€™ll give you that

additional details to spot of alleged ā€œcelebā€
he sat with his shoulders hunched throughout proceedings, the poor man looked drained and he had this torment seated across from him snarling and growling, id say he has no peace.
I felt he deserved to have whatever is left of his dignity intact by not engaging in ā€œi supposeā€ type conversation about GAA that seems de rigeur in these parts.
i left the place feeling sorry for him and distinctly more happy with my chaotic lot

1 Like

Sure sheā€™s only a little slip of a thing.

Who: ā€œComedianā€, TV3 presenter and irritating Man Yoo fan Simon Delaney.
Where: Aston Quay, Dublin 2
Driving: Volkswagen Touran
Mood: Seemed irritated as he was attempting to merge into the quays traffic from Temple Bar.

Joe Duffy Fenian St. Joe was tapping on his phone as he walked along. He was sporting a scarf :scarf: a pair of white earphones and a blue beret. Frankly he looked a bit untidy.

Not a spot.