The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

If it wasnā€™t work based, that would be a top spot in fairness.

1 Like

Brilliant spot @farmerinthecity

1 Like

If a barman spots a famous person in the pub would it be excluded?

Wasnā€™t the spot at work? Or was he merely traveling to work? Iā€™d be giving it myself but there are some strict rules here

Work related for Kagawa rather than @Batigol

Thatā€™s a spot.

3 Likes

Heā€™s there in a work capacity surely?

Thatā€™s not actually the bye law.

1 Like

:thinking:
Very well. The sword has swung.

@Fagan_ODowd would LOI legend Dermot Keely be classed as a spot?

:eek:

Yes. 30 years ago.

6 Likes

Who? Tyrone McCarthy
Famous for Rugby League, both Super League and NRL cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy
Putative Ireland captain at the next world cup
Where? TSC Wilmslow yesterday
Circumstances
I was waiting for my mate whoā€™s one of the owners to finish up, and we were the only people in there. He heard me speaking and asked what part I was from He was waiting for his wife who had an appointment next door.
An absolute gentleman, his family hail from cork. Despite being third generation born in NW England, with the accent to match, he told me heā€™d opted to play for Ireland instead of England (which was also a possibility) as he just felt Irish.
Heā€™d been to a couple of all Ireland finals, and played against the Aussies at thomond park in the last World cup (they battered us, he said with a quiet laugh), but he loved it.
He was holding out this last season in super League especially for the WC, but it cancelled, and he said he wasnā€™t sure whether he could hang on another year as the injuries were mounting up (his hands were smashed like an old school hurler). His idea of lucky with injuries was, well, controversial to say the least (this all came about as we were talking about hurling by then, and the resurgence of cork).
We discussed the pay scales and structure, and those in the NRL, the current state of the professional game (under serious threat in the UK), his retirement plans.
His wife then joined us briefly. She was absolutely stunning.
A quiet man, softly spoken, and hard as a fucking brick.
It was epic.
He was highly highly complementary of the Irish rugby league talent, and says thereā€™s a great lad playing at HKR.
Knew Brian Carney well, but didnā€™t express an opinion on him personally.

18 Likes

No beard now, and very slightly greying

Not a spot.

6 Likes

Name: Richie Bennis
Famous for: being Richie Bennis.
Where? The railway bridge next to Croke Park
Demeanour: Relaxed. Richie was holding court surrounded by a gaggle of auld wans at around 4pm last Saturday.

2 Likes

In good health I trust?

Looked grand

1 Like

Great post

1 Like

Who?

3 Likes