The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

No,he’s surely working

SPOT, well done.

Lost to Hillary.

He was fuckin robbed blind by the democratic party

yeah, him

That’s not her.

Spot 1
Who: Irish film director Neil Jordan
Where: Grand Canal Dock
When: Yesterday at around 6:30
With: Nobody
Attire: Dressed like an eccentric alcoholic
Other notes: Neil was strolling in the direction of the Bord Gais theatre, no doubt heading to see Bernie Saunders. He had a rolled up magazine of a sort in his hand and was whipping it from side to side in a very odd manner.

Spot 2
Who: Dublin GAA star Diarmuid “Dermo” Connolly
Where: Outside the Gasworks pub
When: Yesterday evening at 8pm
With: A group of his mates
Attire: Fashionable skinny jeans and a pale denim shirt
Other notes: Diarmuid was obviously at the Irish match with his buddies and seemed in very jovial form relaxing with a couple of pints. A young fella near us was brought over to the group by his mam and Diarmuid happily had a chat with and posed for photos. He then gave the young lad a scarf he was wearing and the young lad looked over the moon. Diarmuid came across as an alright sort.

Spot 3
Who: Irish actress Ciara O’Callaghan
Where: HQ in GCD
When: 3pm today
With: I don’t know. She walked past our table and I didn’t look to see where she was going to
Attire: Dowdy enough to be honest
Other notes: None really. A bit beefier than you’d expect.

4 Likes

Tv3’s Alan Hughes having his lunch in the garden center in Malahide.

Spot 1: SPOT
Spot 2: Fuck off.
Spot 3: SPOT

2/3 ain’t bad.

3 Likes

Would the best Taoiseach we never had - Ivan Yates on the Rosslare Europort to Dublin Connolly train count? (A few days ago)

SPOT, well done.

1 Like

Kid clearly a Dublin GAA plant. Charm offensive starts here. Nothing left to chance

1 Like

:clap: I’ll take that every day of the week.

Mick OK already at work, impressive

@Mullach_Ide sort me out here.

SPOTS, well done.

Fianna Fáil TD Eamon O’Cuiv on my Dublin-Palermo Ryanair flight last Sunday week. He was with a similarly aged lady who was presumably his wife and another couple of couples. One of the other ladies made a comment as they were all boarding about the O’Cuiv clan potentially being wiped out if anything untoward happened the plane (cc @funtime). They were all quite jovial despite this comment out of context suggesting otherwise. They began talking in Irish when an Italian passenger made a bit of scene in trying to find space to store his luggage in the overhead cabinets. Eamon was wearing slacks and a short sleeved shirt.

3 Likes

What did they say about the Italian fella?

So the people of Malahide like to have lunch in a garden centre and the people of Portmarnock go drinking in a Leisure Centre?

He might be a vegetarian

1 Like