The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

Who: Erstwhile friend/foe of the forum Dr Tony Holohan
Where: Bushy Park, Terenure this morning 10:15
Appearance: Herr Holohan was wearing what I’ve since ascertained was a Ballinteer St Johns GAA quarter zip and navy shorts, was sweating from what I assume was a recently finished run.
Other: Being an Irish adult of a certain age I had spotted him from further away and decided to not look at him. My daughter who I was bringing to a tennis camp, was transfixed. I then looked at her looking at him, he was smiling at her and then I had to acknolwedge his existence which was disappointing. He’s very brown and fit looking. I got an air of a man doing some prep to get back into the dating scene.

8 Likes

That all sounds very dodgy

That’s a spot.

1 Like

That’s how it played out.

Who: Paul Reid
Famous for: CEO of the HSE
Where: Shannon Lodge, Carrick-on-Shannon
When: Last Saturday 10am
Other notes: Myself and my wife were out for a stroll around the town and came across Mr Reid emerging from his house. He said ‘Good morning’ and got into his 191 BMW 5 series and headed for the town. He’s very small and wore shorts.

2 Likes

If you get a spot for this I’ll explode

That’s a spot.

3 Likes

You’re welcome @farmerinthecity

2 Likes

This happened in the line of my work and the celebrity’s work so I’m not expecting a spot.

Who: Shinji Kagawa
Famous for: Playing for Dortmund and Man Utd.
Where: Near the small Wright’s at the 300 gates, T1, Dublin Airport
When: 25 mins ago
Attire: A PAOK tracksuit with the jumper tied around his waist and a surprisingly dirty pair of Adidas Runners
Demeanor: Japanese
Other notes: There have been PAOK players wandering around departures for ages. They obviously expected the security queue to be longer

7 Likes

If it wasn’t work based, that would be a top spot in fairness.

1 Like

Brilliant spot @farmerinthecity

1 Like

If a barman spots a famous person in the pub would it be excluded?

Wasn’t the spot at work? Or was he merely traveling to work? I’d be giving it myself but there are some strict rules here

Work related for Kagawa rather than @Batigol

That’s a spot.

3 Likes

He’s there in a work capacity surely?

That’s not actually the bye law.

1 Like

:thinking:
Very well. The sword has swung.

@Fagan_ODowd would LOI legend Dermot Keely be classed as a spot?

:eek: