The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

After last Saturday, does Cian lynch drinking coffee in Tipp count?

No.

Look, log it as a spot, with the appropriate description, and @Fagan_ODowd can rule against it.

Oops. Too late.

Life is too short for enduring curmudgeonly behaviour

1 Like

Gway out if it @flattythehurdler with your gammy spots. Having previously spotted and posted one musical.legend in wee Daniel, Iā€™m now here having a pint with another one, Mr F Furey.

Up your game pal.

@Fagan_ODowd showing how itā€™s done

20 Likes

Limerick squiggles :grin:
:man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Unreal

1 Like

Thatā€™s a spot.

5 Likes

Cmere, about to get emotional here ye horrible cynical cunts but need to get this one down. The Oldman is out in Oz,.kinda stuck with the covid, the fear and world of other things. One of which is advanced cancer. Anyway, background.

Many years ago when my Granda, my superhero, died I watched as my Da held it all together. 2nd youngest of 11 and named after one of his two o
brothers who died while my grandmother pregnant with my Da and a shared house in Careyā€™s Rd, heā€™d it tough.

But, though 2nd youngest, he was the one who had to take care.of matters at hand. So when his Da passed, heā€™d seen enough hardship that it didnā€™t knock a beat out of him to what I could see. He walked an entirely straight line.unswayed by his emotion on one side and that of all of his immediate loved ones on the other.

Not knowing how to mark it, I (Torrented) put together a CD for him and Finbar Fureyā€™s ā€œMy Oldmanā€ was one of less than a half dozen songs i put on it.

My mother told me sheā€™s never seen him cry but heard him once, when a week after his oldman was put to rest he listened to that CD and wept like ā€œa little boy who missed his Dadā€ when he heard that song.

As I say, for numerous reasons many of which are rediculous, heā€™s stuck out in Oz unwilling to get on the plane. Only today I argued with my sister whose out there about it.

Head fucked went to the pub for a pint. And there he is- the man who sang that very song supping pints. Small video put to record of Finbar and I singing the line ā€œand I miss him, my oldmanā€ and sent to the badgerly auld bollix. Weā€™ll see.

The world is a tough and strange old place but sometimes it gets pulled together in ways that you canā€™t explain. Unreal.

51 Likes

If that donā€™t get 50 likes tis all the one. Enjoy chief. Life is a funny fish.

2 Likes

Head up buddy.

2 Likes

Hup Lionel!

1 Like

Ah, my headā€™s high and appreciate the sentiment

Just amazing sometimes twists life has. And how it can twist you with it and then completely unfurl you when you least expect it

6 Likes

Ah thatā€™s glorious.

just sometimes, there is a a rhyme and reason.

1 Like

Round the house and back for more. Lovely post. The auld lad generation are a different stock altogether.

2 Likes

Fucking magnificent post. Gwan your old lad.

2 Likes

Who - Oirish footballer Kenny Cunnigham
Where My local.gym in Malahide
Attire - vagrantesque

On arriving to be signed in to the gym and get my temperature I was delayed as there was someone at the counter who it appears the gym had forgotten to book him in. While I wouldnā€™t say he was causing a scene his voice was louder than it should have been.

Comments such as where is the skinny lanky lad & I bet your ears were burning were said. When he turned around it was Kenny Cunningham.

Before I realised who it was I was thinking why is this oddball so loud and as the gym was empty why not just ask can he be booked in now instead of delaying everyone

19 Likes

I had a picture with the great JP McManus last Saturday. I was going to throw it up there but didnā€™t feel Iā€™d get the nod. Then i see these attempts and Iā€™m filled with regret.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a spot.

3 Likes