The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

She definitely came across that way. Big smiley friendly head on her.

1 Like

If you see them at mass they will definitely be allowed. Except @snark doesn’t like mass so he might disallow them.

I also spotted Bob Monkhouse on the same day from the observation deck as he warmed up the audience during takes of whatever show he was doing.

LIVE SPOT

Robbie Keane
Gibneys
Malahide

1 Like

Yeah he’s a spot ok.
I appreciate the time you’ve given up to log on and post it.
Regards.
@Brimmer_Bradley
Adj, celeb spotting thread part III.

1 Like

Yep that’s a spot. I always give extra points for ‘live’ spots but tbf this would be a spot even if you posted it within the 10 days.

2 Likes

Good spot.
I wouldn’t have recognized him.

1 Like

@Smark can a celeb spot adjudicator post a spot?

Yes. Go ahead and i’ll judge it in an unbiased and fair way as always.

12 Likes

:grinning::smile:

Who: Joe McKenna
Famous for: Six time All-Star, All-Ireland winner, had a calamitous spell as Limerick manager
When: Today around midday
Where: Limerick city approaching William Street from a side street
With: On his own
Wearing: A navy suit, blue shirt, red tie
Other notes: I nearly bumped into him. I got a very quick look at his attire and his shirt may have been white not blue, or a white and blue striped combo. Joe was on his mobile and was paying scant attention to where he was going. He was kind of stopped in motion but then spun suddenly into my path as i was very close to him. He’s still a tall man. He had his back to me as i approached so i did not realise at first that i was coming up so close to a celebrity. Luckily i was paying more attention than the former six time All-Star and was able to deftly side step the former hurler and avoid a collision between us. He was very pre-occupied with whatever this phone call was about and barely even noticed how close he came to grief. We continued on our separate paths and as an aside i almost stepped in a used nappy less than 50 yards from my near miss with Joe. Once again my quick feet prevented disaster.

5 Likes

That’s a spot

2 Likes

How does one become a former 6 time All Star? Surely you’re a 6 time All Star or you’re not?

1 Like

Not a spot in any case.

1 Like

If you got out of the house more you might spot former six time All-Stars yourself instead of sitting at home moaning about trivialities.

I’m in the pub pal.
No celebs to report.
Smells of wee though.

1 Like

Joe is the greatest Limerick man there has ever been. Let him have this.

Is Joe not from Offaly originally?

1 Like

Just spotted Christina McMahon queuing at the AIB ATM on Main Street, Carrickmacross. The former (interim?) world boxing champion seemed in good spirits despite her controversial world title bout loss in Mexico a couple of weeks ago.

Exactly.