The Celebrity Spotting Thread Part Twee (or help Flatty identify the celeb he just spotted) (Part 1)

Yes I believe he is related to the Gleeson brothers

2 Likes

Who: Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade and Deputy Leader of Fine Gael, Simon Coveney
Famous for: See above
Where: Outside of the entrance to the Hogan Stand, Croke Park
When: Approximately 2:15pm yesterday
With: A gentleman in his fifties who was giggling like a love-struck schoolgirl at a couple of Simon’s utterings
Attire: Dark navy suit. I’d say he was roasting in it.
Other info: A dark Mercedes pulled out from Fitzroy avenue after a steward removed the barrier to let it through. Out stepped Coveney with that big sneery Cark head on him. He was looking around as if waiting for his presence to be acknowledged.
“Who’s that getting out of the big car?” asked Pappa Horsebox.
“It’s Simon Coveney” says I.
“Fucking waster” says Pops, probably louder than he meant to. I’m not sure if Coveney heard but he certainly looked our way at the time. Based purely on snap judgements on people’s appearance that I am prone to, I concluded that Coveney’s probably a bit of a cunt and we continued our way into the stadium. It also reaffirmed that Pappa Horsebox is a complete and utter roaster and his quirky mannerisms, very humorous to us, could possibly be construed that he’s a bit of an ignorant bollox by those that don’t know and love him.

10 Likes

Just want to get this posted inside the 14-day spot cut off point.

Who: Political lovebirds Lynn Boylan MEP and Eoin O’Broin TD.
Where: Croke Park. At and near the bar area behind The Cusack Stand Lower at Section 306.
When: Saturday, 5th August.
Other Information: I initially spotted Lynn coming back from the bar in the period between the two matches carrying a horrible looking pint of Guinness in a plastic glass and one of those small bottles of white wine and accompanying glass. She had to veer impressively to avoid being taken out of it by someone who stomped through the area recklessly and ignorantly. I spotted her working her way to the waiting Eoin who was nonchalantly leaning against a wall. They were joined by a tougher looking old man who may have played an active role in the cause. I also spotted them in the same area at half time of the Dublin game.

3 Likes

NOT spots.

3 Likes

SPOT well done.

2 Likes

SPOT, well done.

2 Likes

What?

A couple of minor spots for your consideration from my recent business trip to the capital @Mullach_Ide

Who: Apres Match’s Gary Cooke
When: yesterday at 4.30pm.
Details: Cooke - who is known for taking off the likes Eamonn Dunphy - walked towards @caulifloweredneanderthal outside The Shelbourne. He had a strut on him, not too dissimilar to Dunphy himself, and a very large belly. All the hallmarks of a man who enjoys his food and drink. He was fit to burst.

1. Who: FOTF and morning jokesmith Marty Whelan
    When: this morning at 11am.
    Details: I was driving around Dublin City centre, accompanied by Mrs @caulifloweredneanderthal who had also travelled to Dublin. We went down Digges Lane, and just after I pointed out Marconi House, we could hear a familiar voice (I had the windows rolled down). A grey-haired man and a female companion were talking, and Mrs CN got quite excited when she recognised the dulcet tones of the man lovingly referred to as ‘Marty The Bollix’ in our home. We stopped at the junction and Marty walked by our window, carrying on with his conversation. He’s also carrying a fair bit of loose change but not at the same levels of Gary Cooke.

I also spotted RTE newscaster Aengus Mac Grianna but am not logging it for adjudication as he was in a work environment. We did have some interaction, with Aengus saying a cheery ‘hello’ when passing me on the corridor and me asking for directions out of the building, to which he duly obliged

3 Likes

Who - Colin Meads
Famous for - Former NZ rugby baller
Where - downtown Te Kuiti
When - last Monday

I happened to find myself in Te Kuiti last Monday as I was touring around the North Island. We stopped outside the local Super Value to pick up a few supplies for when we got to Waitomo. As I was at the checkout I noticed a big fucker in front of me. When he turned around to pay I noticed it was Colin Meads. He looked fairly shook. He paid for his items (a curranty cake was at the top of the bag) and headed away quietly nodding at a few locals on the way out. I remarked to the check out lady that he didn’t look well and she mentioned that a lot of the locals were worried about him.

7 Likes

Is that seriously his name?!

1 Like

NOT a spot for any amount of reasons.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with that name?

Pal, I’m still awaiting adjudicating on my z list Dublin spots. I trust whatever judgement you make

Both Gary and Marty have been confirmed as spots previously pal, two SPOTS well done.

1 Like

Who: David Grey
Where: McDaids Bar
When: Sat 18th August, approx 9.30pm onwards
Other details: David was amongst a group of friends and was quite unassuming. So unassuming that I wouldn’t have noticed him apart from the barman telling me it was him. He was wearing a denim shirt with blue denim jeans and giving some young wan ferocious mickey eye. I can’t confirm if he sealed the deal

SPOT, well done.

1 Like

This year’s love?

My oh my - I was waiting for that

Sail away with them shit jokes

Please forgive me